Hi from Orange County!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by knucklehed, Jun 10, 2015.

1. knucklehed

knucklehed New Member

Hi again guys! I signed up on this forum a while ago but admittedly havent been very active on here. I'm hoping to change that. I don't have many friends into mtb and I'm getting bored riding by my lonesome.. I'm back to reintroduce myself and hopefully get on board with some rides! I primarily ride Whiting Ranch, Santiago (both near my work) during the weekdays and Carbon or Marshall on the weekends.

Good to be back here and hoping to get on some awesome rides!

2. xtremeMTB

xtremeMTB Member

kewl dude welcome! i wasn't too active back then and still isn't. usually what happens when i try to ride with someone or in a group is either they're too fast, too slow, or takes too many breaks so i'm always out by myself. i just don't get to explore as much new places as i'd like to because of riding alone. there's also a AMTR group on meetup and thepath bike shop riding consistently every week that i go once a year to "socialize".

3. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    That is my go-to rides (including some trails over at Edison) with my work schedule and chasing a teenager I grab time when I can, during the week (day) and some afternoons work for me, let me know - been riding solo too much lately as well!

4. BikeThePlanet

BikeThePlanet Active Member

You don't want to ride with Julie (Revalimage). She combines all of those traits in one: rides too fast, rides too slow, takes breaks . . . Especially when Brownie is in town. :)

thebeast64 likes this.
  5. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Hey! nuh-uh! I'm always the broom on group rides...where I like it or want too.

6. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Hey! nuh-uh! I'm always the broom on group rides...whether I want to or not. And I use that 'walk' gear on the single speed on any grade more than say...4% ;)

7. knucklehed

knucklehed New Member

I just signed up with AMTR on meetup. Short notice, and of course depending on if this rain is persistent but I'll be looping Whiting>Santiago>Luge>Whiting around 4pm today

8. irv_usc

irv_usc Active Member

welcome! unfortunately STR has been left to die a slow and painful death so not too many people are still around.

AMTR and SOCMTBR also have facebook groups that are good to follow if you're looking for rides in the OC.