Has Anyone Sold Anything in the CLASSIFIED section in the past few weeks?

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by AlphaMog, Mar 15, 2012.

1. AlphaMog

AlphaMog Member

This is interesting as this is a paid service that ISN'T working as one would expect. I would love to hear from an ADMIN or LBMTB regarding this matter.

2. Zulu

Zulu New Member

Interesting. I will see if I missed any emails. I also thought no one wanted my stuff.

3. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    Both of you have 100's of views on each of your items.

Like I said, when I really want something, I send a PM or email if available, if they really want to sell me something, they'll check their PM/emails.

I'll contact George(Lbmtb) and let him know about this. Sorry guys, but that's the best I can do given the limited access to "website" type issues I have which is none.

4. cyclotourist

cyclotourist Member

5. AlphaMog

AlphaMog Member

Oh that's loud and clear and that nice that that's how you approach it but take that link off or modify the form so there isn't even a chance to email a sender. No matter how you look at it is a missed opportunity for both a buyer and seller. From time to time I casually look things on the classifieds on several forums and only after reaching out to seller and exchange some emails or PMs will I decide to buy it. If my first point of contact fails to work I won't necessarily pursue it any further. Perfect example someone is selling a set of dropouts for a gen 1 Slopestyle, I have a slopestyle and could probably use but i don't absolutely need it. If the seller never got my email there is no chance for my initial curiosity to ever turn into a transaction.

6. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX

It's not how I approach it, but this has been discussed before which is why I go through PMs because that is what worked for others. This issue like many other issues about the Classifieds and how buyer and sellers are contacted is not new.
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/website-discussion/62192-no-email-site.html

Just because I'm a Moderator doesn't mean I can fix EVERTHING wrong with this site. The Admins have the access to accounts, codes as they are the webmasters. I moderate the forum, threads, posts and even adds, but cannot do anything with formats.

Like I said, I cannot do anything since I do not have to access to change formats/codes. All I can do is contact the admins/Lbmtb (AND I HAVE) about the issues I can't fix myself and hope he can.

Upper right corner of the brown header second line that says " Product Option", click that and a pull down will appear to give your choices.

Picture 2.jpg

7. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Thanks Gene for the heads up. I took a break from home renovation stuff and checked it out.

The email from the classifieds is actually working - sort of. Since the server was hacked several months ago, it was still blacklisted as spam in some places (most were okay) which could prevent email from getting to some people. I went through and submitted various requests on those sites to get the status of the site updated. In the meantime, I modified the classified template. I took out the old 'Contact Seller' and added a 'Send seller a private message' link which will send a normal PM. Hopefully that helps smooth out the communication on there. Alpha, if you feel the email issues resulted in you not selling something then send me a PM with the PayPal transaction ID and I'll send you a refund.

8. noweyout

noweyout Can't kick dirt habit!!

I was contacted by an interested buyer once but I wanted too much for my stuff so no sale. ;)

9. thomaswildchild

thomaswildchild Active Member

I am a Machinist
    Home Page:
    I sold stuff this weekend. Easy. I added direct contact info to my ad. Why mess around with links and stuff? Also remember that no one wants to pay full price from a used item. Hell even on new tires I sold the guy didnt want to pay retail -- And I don't blame him. Make an offer that they wont refuse and your stuff will sell.... plain and simple.

Thanks George for working on it. You're the man!

10. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    I posted a bunch of 9-speed transmission parts for sale two weeks ago. I received a PM about it. I sent the guy my home e-mail address. We conversed that way. Sale arranged and executed yesterday - right there in The Path parking lot. Good deal for everything (don't worry Tani, most of the parts were bought from you initially).

Seems to work fine.

11. DH Moto

DH Moto Member

I think it is not working properly as well. I have tried to contact people and have never gotten a response from them about 98% of the time. Maybe there just flaky sellers on this site. I dont really think so but?

12. AlphaMog

AlphaMog Member

Thanks George, I appreciate you taking action and providing an explanation. A refund is not necessary.

13. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    PM worked for me, new toys coming to my door steps......can't wait.

14. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

damn, thats why my blur hasnt sold?

15. guero

guero iFroth

i sent you like 4 messages about it!

16. zerogravity

zerogravity (R.I.P.) Lets Ride!!!!

Graphic Designer, Track owner
    Home Page:
    I bought a bar from TWC..PMed him, got the info, SOLD. I think PM's are the best way to contact a seller/buyer. Great Seller BTW.