Going to be MIA for a while

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by blindman_22, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Mike Smith

Mike Smith New Member

Looking
    Get well soooon!

2. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Tony - thoughts and prayers to you and your family for a speedy and complete (as can be) recovery. It sounds like you are both very positive people, surrounded by lots of other positive people - and that will make all the difference in the world! Best wishes to your wife and you!

3. ricke24

ricke24 Member

Immigration Project Assistant
    Hope for a speedy recovery, get well soon!

4. blindman_22

blindman_22 HAB Crew President

computer stuff
    talk about can't catch a break...

Just when we thought it was smooth sailings we get smacked in the face. so school started on monday and my wife went back to work and all was well. tuesday she gets home from school and was feeling under the weather. she had a slight fever and skin was getting red. we knew it wasn't right, but with all my pleading she refused to go to urgent care and said she would go to the doctor the next morning.

so on wednesday she calls me and tells me her physician is transporting her to the ER. holy crap batman. i leave work and head straight over to the hospital. the doctors were really concerned as the redness was spread rapidly. they're initial thoughts were it was cellulitis (puss under the skin) and necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria). say what? flesh eating bacteria? i didn't let her look up what necrotizing fasciitis was as the common term for it is horrible. they did a ct scan and she was negative for both. all they do know is that she has a really bad infection. they have been running they're strongest antibiotics thru her iv.

over the next few days/nights the redness was going away, but her fever was still around, heart rate was high, and white blood count was high. yesterday we hit rock bottom. morale was at an all time low. i brought the kids to visit their mom and after they left she was feeling depressed. she really misses the kids. i dropped the kids off at my brother's place so they could play with they're cousins. my daughter was sad and kept telling me she misses her mom. at this point i was an emotional wreck, but was trying to stay strong.

i went back to the hospital to try and cheer my wife up. her parents showed up and i left the room for some time alone when something flew into both my eyes. brushed myself off and went back into the room. her fever started to spike again and they gave her some tylenol. this is when things took a turn. she went to the restroom and notice a rash on her legs. then we noticed a rash on her arms as well. we told the nurse and she contacted the doctor. he ordered her some benadryl.

i knew it was going to put her to sleep so i left to pick up the kids and take them home. they haven't been home for a few days as they have been staying with my brother in laws family. i tuck the kids in and my daughter starts to cry and tells me she misses her mom. i grab one of her mom's pillows and let her sleep with it. she eventually falls asleep.

i get a call from my wife at 6 this morning and she tells me that she no longer has a fever, heart rate is normal, and her white blood count is normal. shut the front door! the doctor checks up on her this morning and says she may be starting to have an allergy to the antibiotics and that the will switch it to a different one. they plan on inserting a pick line in her tomorrow to continue to administer her antibiotics from home. so it looks like mama is coming home tomorrow. what a relief. well until next time..

5. emejay

emejay most annoying avatar

dentist
    Hang in there....it looks like things are turning around. I'm praying for you and your family....

6. jaime

jaime Member

prayers out to your family bro ! :)

7. speckledtrout

speckledtrout Active Member

actor
    wow! That's a whole lot to take in for you guys! I'm glad you allowed yourself some time to be alone when something flew into your eyes. It's important to let things fly into your eyes every now and again.

It sounds like she's on the mend and I hope she's home in no time so your kids can love her up!

By the way, I had an allergic reaction to an anti-biotic for the first time in my life this past year and it was awful. Not an inch of my body wasn't covered in hives. I ended up in the emergency room for 5 hours and nothing they did for me gave me any relief at all.

8. brown chicken brown cow

brown chicken brown cow Member

Tony, just thinking and praying for you and your family. If ya need anything give me a call...
    Damn, I think something just flew into my eyes.

9. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    That sucks Tony, but I like your last paragraph! Best wishes to you and your family!!

10. Skid Row

Skid Row Member

Hey Tony,

Glad your wife is out of the hospital and going home. Hang in there pal.

Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

11. Low Pressure

Low Pressure New Member

Our Prayers and healing vibes to your family.

12. chubacabra

chubacabra Threapy Dog

I know that despite insurance, hospital bills come and bite you in the ass, if you ever need to do a fundraiser, I 'm here to help to
    provide the PA / DJ for nothing but a bottle of cold beer and a Perrier.Good Vibes 2 U

13. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Glad to hear you're having some luck. I wish I could say that.

14. bing!

bing! Active Member

Man, I was glad to have read that to the end. Real happy that things are looking up. Heres to hoping for a speedy recovery!

15. BROWNIE

BROWNIE I'm good at recess!

work
    Sorry to hear about this Tony, as always you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know when you have a moment for a ride, you can choose your pain...SS or a road ride.

16. OTHRIDER

OTHRIDER Active Member

Machinist
    Tony, all the best to you, your wife and family. We've still got you all in our prayers.

17. ricke24

ricke24 Member

Immigration Project Assistant
    Prayers for your wife and family Tony, stay strong!