Go Lakers...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by JoeTruth, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Break up

ever since you stopped dating Fo Shizz you're bitterness has increased.

And for those Chowda's.......they wouldn't want Kobe on their team:-k

ps. And that is hitting below the belt with that Clipper slam#-o:lol:

2. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    :?:I would expect nothing less. It's relentless and brutal and it goes on at every NBA arena toward any visiting team's better players.

3. .8down

.8down Active Member

I actually like the clippers, its their fans that suck...Banner envy I guess, I had one friend(a clipper fan) text me after game 4 and game 6, my response was:

Congrats to the Celts and their fans, they told me to tell you to get off the bandwagon.

Celts 16
    Lakers 14
    Clippers 0

As for that article thats typical of Plaschke, He hates the Lakers, esp Bryant. Move on people Shaq is gone, he wanted out, was not in shape till he got to Miami. Wanted to finish his contract and sign a new one when he was fat hurt and lazy. An besides, Pat Riley is a Laker. hahaha.

The finals MVP should have gone to Kevin Mchale.

4. CruIsRad!

CruIsRad! New Member

Well, I may not be from West L.A....

...but still, I only cheer for the team who has the best overall ensemble. I mean, how could you route for a team that doesn't know how to color-coordinate their jerseys to their shoes? FASHION POLICE!!!

[​IMG]

5. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

LA Times article...

It's what I've been saying the whole time. We got man-handled & biatch-slapped down low. We need some enforcers, damn it!!!

The Lakers went far in 2007-08; here's what they need for next year

L.A.'s loss in the NBA Finals may hurt, but the team has a lot going for it. On the off-season to-do list: Look for experienced help up front and in the backcourt.
    By Lonnie White
    Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

June 19, 2008

Once the sting from losing to Boston in this year's NBA Finals fades, the Lakers will appreciate the success they had over the 2007-08 season.

For the first time since Shaquille O'Neal was traded to Miami in 2004, the Lakers won the Western Conference championship, and they did it with one of the league's youngest rosters.

And the best thing? The Lakers reached the Finals without promising 21-year-old center Andrew Bynum, who missed the playoffs because of a midseason knee injury.

So in many ways, the Lakers have to be considered a year ahead of schedule in their quest for a 15th NBA championship.

But hold on. Don't dust off the trophy case yet, because titles are not won that easily and in competitive sports nothing is guaranteed.

That's why for 2008-09, the Lakers need to aggressively address a few cracks in their game exposed by the Celtics in this year's Finals.

Inside help: In Games 1 and 2 of the Finals, the Lakers didn't seem to have an answer when Boston turned to power big men P.J. Brown and Leon Powe off the bench.

Brown and Powe are two players not afraid of physical play in the paint, and their determination helped spark the Celtics. If the Lakers are serious about next season, they will have to deal with this problem.

Pau Gasol played well after being acquired in a late-season trade from Memphis, but in the Finals he proved to be a finesse player who lacked toughness inside. Bynum has the ability to dominate, but he's certain to have his ups and downs next season.

Adding a veteran big man with size would be a great move for the Lakers, who also have to make a decision on reserve forward Ronny Turiaf, who did not have much effect in the Finals.

Perimeter touch: The Lakers have a good shooting team, but they could still help themselves with another quality shooter.

Vladimir Radmanovic's disappearing act in Game 6 of the Finals spoke volumes about this deficiency for the Lakers. When Sasha Vujacic, Derek Fisher or Radmanovic shot the ball well from the outside, the Lakers were a dangerous scoring team this season.

But that did not happen often enough against Boston, which did a good job of preventing the Lakers' three-point shooters from finding their rhythm. Just imagine if the Lakers added another experienced shooter to the mix for next year's playoff run.

Backcourt depth: Fisher had a strong season starting at point guard, playing next to leading scorer Kobe Bryant. But Fisher is not getting any younger and his backup Jordan Farmar is still learning the pro game.

Whether or not the Lakers re-sign restricted free agent Vujacic, they still could use an experienced combo guard with size coming off the bench. This would give Phil Jackson and his coaching staff a lot more flexibility with their lineups.

Summary: It's always easier to second-guess when a team falls short, and that's the case with the Lakers. They will have some room to maneuver under next season's expected salary cap, but the key will be the desire to sacrifice in order to win.

Boston was able to get this done behind the leadership of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. But that's still an open question for the Lakers, who are still looking for the right mix of players to put around Bryant since O'Neal was traded.

6. Evil Chocula

Evil Chocula ah buh bye now

Sorry!

My office is right next to where the Celts victory parade started an hour ago.... thought I'd post a few pics for all the Celtics fans on this forum ;). That's KG carrying the trophy in pic #2:

Attached Files:

7. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

After the Parade.........

Do they get depressed knowing that they still live in Boston:?:;)

8. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

You're evil...

Must you pour salt in our fresh wounds? ;)

That's not until the snow hits and they're all cooped-up inside eating food, getting fat and committing sui.

9. Evil Chocula

Ahhhh, the bitterness! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2008
  10. .8down

.8down Active Member

That article was a bit pointless. half of those things 50% of the teams in the NBA would like to have. The writer pointed out the problems but gave no solutions. being exposed like they did, there should be some name taking....

11. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Train wreck...

Talk about a train wreck! Shaq needs to STFU and retire already. More he talks (or tries to rap), more stupid he sounds...

[youtube]dc6YHt80KGI[/youtube]

12. Burner

Burner WAWE

I like it!

kobe should stop too, though
    [youtube]m0VDrNzCckg[/youtube]

13. .8down

.8down Active Member

he's not an MC so he should stop regardless of the subject matter, pretty big words from a guy that didn't get out of the first round of the playoffs, without Dwade or Bryant to help, besides he got his purty badges taken away from him for dropping an N bomb, good for AZPD, but he did help bring 3 rings to LA so Im just gonna ignore it and worry about the Lakers...

in the rumor mill is LO and Walton to the Heat for the Matrix...Im not sure about that one, maybe Walton and Vald, and Mihm? hahaha if we could get Gasol for brown, and little Gasol thats never played in the NBA, then we should be able to pull Vlad, Luke, and Chris for Shaun.

ballers should ball, leave hiphop to Nas and J5

14. gleeke

gleeke east coast rider

Evil Chocula Have I ridden w you....i think I did..Joe, Matt, John Lawton, Adam from Bustedspoke. Real rough rocky ride? My der. had was having issues? I'm thinking I rode w you....oh and a guy on a PINK Bottlerocket....Just thinking I might have ridden w you.

Yes Shaq is a bit of an a$$...he had nothing to do w Boston winning so he really should shut his oversized mouth

15. stormrydah

stormrydah New Member

:beer: yeah yeah

Kobe got nothing on Paul Pierce:bang:

16. Evil Chocula

Holy sh!t! Small world. Yeah totally, you ride an '05 Giant Reign right? With a Rocco?

17. gleeke

gleeke east coast rider

HAHAHA That would be me! You dropped the "You should ride a Single speed" Line on me!!! That's funny....I took a shot based on your avatar.

The reign is sold...No I won't buy an SS 29'r!!! Need something heavier for those SC rides:-s If you ever want to ride RI let me know. I think some of the guys fromthat ride are coming down here after I get back from SD next week...July 7th. You can get me here or pm Hoody Arrren on Bustedspoke.com

18. Pickettt

Pickettt New Member

Except 3 times the salary

19. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    Come on down off the fence Shaq. Tell us how you really feel... :lol:

I guess if Shaq were going to take a public shot at Kobe, this is a good chance to kick him while he's down.

But I don't know why Shaq is gloating when he was only a grossly overpaid bit player (again), this time for D. Wade, in the Heat's championship back in the first year of his (unwarranted IMHO) long term contract.

He's clearly still bitter and is entitled to feel any way he wants, but I think he may one day regret airing out his feelings like that in public.

I wonder if it will affect Shaq's endorsements?

I'd like to know if the Maricopa County Sherrifs came to his house to get their tin stars back? I would love to be a fly on the wall for that exchange.

It'll be interesting to see if Kobe just let's this roll off his back and does his 'talking' on the court.

The Kobe/Shaq soap opera still has legs four years after their divorce and I suspect we have not heard the last of this.

20. Burner

Burner WAWE

don't forget Kobe outed Shaq in an effort to make himself not look so bad when he got caught cheating/rapin/whatever.... Shaq has every right to be bitter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.