Go Lakers...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by JoeTruth, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcthetechguy

pcthetechguy PC

Technology Consulting
    Home Page:
    tee Time!!!

2. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    Congratulations to the Lakers...I and nobody else ever thought there was a shot in hell that you'd make the FINALS at the start of the season....

Congratulations to the Celtics for playing hard nose basketball and winning the NBA Finals....
    YOU EARNED IT
    (although w/ some help in the 1st 2 games from the refs)

I still think this was the WORST officiated finals(well playoffs for that matter) in the HISTORY of the NBA(has nothing to do w/ the team to root for)

3. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    I still say the Seahawks could have won If they could have made the Field goal.Oops are we talking Basketball?Oh I think the thread should be changed to go home Lakers.Just kidding,im not a BB fan, but the playoffs are fun.Smart a$$ out.:lol:

4. Burner

Burner WAWE

Kobe has no heart whatsoever. hopefully that's the last time I ever see him in the purp & gold. Perfect way to lose the championship, an embarassment of a series... the stage is set for Kobe to start whining and leave. (fingers crossed)

if Kobe is a "legend" quality player, there is no past NBA legend that would have been facing elimination in the NBA finals and simply not shown up. Even if they lost, everyone watching would have known they tried everything they could to win, and left it all on the floor. Karl Malone and John Stockton never won one, but never for a second did you question their effort or teamwork, if Michael Jordan was on the court and his team was down, you knew that everything that man could muster up was about to come at you. Where was Kobe this series?

Kobe may have amazing skills, but who he is negates it.

Kevin Garnett... now that dude has heart.

5. mazer75

mazer75 New Member

Ugh... well that was decisive, now wasn't it? ;)

I love the Lakers with all my heart, but the Celtics were clearly the best team in this Finals series. Congrats to them and their fans.

So, now what for the coming season? I am hoping for another Finals appearance, but that's going to be tough. The Spurs are waning but the Hornets are rising for sure... going to be a long trip to get back to the Finals next year for the Lakers.

Ugh, well now this Thursday night is open for riding! :) Fully Loop anyone?

6. .8down

.8down Active Member

I'm with Jeff 100%, putting aside all the dissapointment, this year exposed the Lakers. but this year did bring better things. Lakers would not have gone any where with Kwame Brown(I liked him but he should have been a tight end for the Raiders or something, wait no hands...). So they are set up for a while. Hate him or not he's only 29, and Bryant has a while before we can judge his place in basketball history. This reminds me a lot of the finals against the pistons, Lakers kinda just gave up...Defense wins championships, its like that in every team sport.

Congrats to the TRUE Boston Fans, and the Celtics(except PJ Brown, his ring is tainted, semi retired my ass, how about I will sign with the team that will get me a ring*cough* Malone *cough* Payton) (not those two boneheaded Sox fans that we know...:)). We'll see you again next year I'm sure.

7. Evil Chocula

Evil Chocula ah buh bye now

I think it was a great season, with two great teams in the finals. I've become seriously disenfranchised with basketball over the last ten years, and this series really brought me back.

Just like the last super bowl, sometimes great teams have bad games. I think last night was one of the those nights for the Lakers, and I hope we can get together next year and do it all over again, just like back in the day.

So, great series guys, Lakers are a great team.

8. CPATCRASH

CPATCRASH Enjoy the ride!

Selling the elderly hopes and dreams
    Not

Mike's problem but his Dad's...... Maybe.

"Although some have speculated that his father's death had something to do with Jordan's gambling, I don't believe that to be the case. James Jordan wasn't a saint, truth be told. He was found guilty and sentenced to three years in prison (which were suspended) for being a cog in a larger embezzlement scheme in 1985, and at the time of his death, he was the subject of several lawsuits concerning the unpaid bills of his clothing company, JVL Enterprises, Inc. [8] And even though there are some odd facts surrounding his murder (like the fact that a man like Michael Jordan's father decided to sleep in his car on the side of a rural highway rather than find a hotel or stay overnight at a friend's home), there is no real evidence to support a conspiracy. However, the pride Michael felt in his father seeing his last game seemed to be rather fleeting".

9. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Quit being a hater

Didn't the Lakers spank the Fuit'ta Jazz:?:;)

dude you need to move out of West L.A;)

10. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    RIP Lakers and I am glad I don't have to look at that shiat eaten grin of Kolby Jack for some time and those damn flags. Time to take down the flags. I am just glad Chick Hearn was not around to see that spanking served to the Lakers last night. Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, and Allan = all heart and mental toughness :bang:. The play that can best describe the whole Boston Celtics as a whole was last night when Gasol went up to shoot and Garnett laid the palm on the ball and punked him, even though Lakers won the jump ball.

Shhhhhssshhhh laker fans shhhhhsshhh time to sleep. Overall good season Lakers they went a lot farther than I would have liked, but it is what it is. :?:

2007-2008 NBA Champs BOSTON CELTICS

2006-2007 MLB Champs BOSTON REDSOX

11. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Hey Dave

Joe Truth loaned me his night stick. Want'a go for a ride:?:

12. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    2007-2008 NFL Champs New York Giants ;)

I hope it's the Lakers/Celtics next year as well. I think the rivalry is back.

13. .8down

.8down Active Member

[youtube]ki-w4KYpnuw[/youtube]

14. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

I really don't care about football...err...basketball, but I did happen to watch the last half of the game last night. I'm sure glad I wasn't a Lakers fan (not a Celtics fan, either...just not a fan of the game). They were pitiful! It looked like a high school team was playing the Celtics.

Anyhow, I feel sorry for you Lakers fans.

15. .8down

.8down Active Member

It's all good, To be there and have the chance to win the 15th title is what its all about, many teams don't even sniff it. *cough* clippers.

between the Celts and the Lake show, there are 30 banners. I wouldn't worry about the Lakers too much.

16. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    Actually, I think it's a great time to buy and display a Laker flag. Either you're in or you're out. They'll let their collective culos heal and see if they can get to the finals for the 30th time in 61 years. Even the Celtics (with 20 finals appearances) haven't been there that many times.

It's not the first time the Lakers got a beat down in a finals game. In '82 they got beat in game 6 by 33 points by the 76ers and the Lakers went on to win the series. It happens.

Also, I don't mind pointing out that Paul Pierce had been somewhat vocal in his own criticism about the Celtic's direction and was very close to forcing a trade so he could chase a championship somewhere. Of course, since we're on the other coast we don't hear too much about that. Pierce was pretty close to being a Trailblazer. And Doc Rivers along with Danny Ainge were on the *S*list in Beantown for quite a while with lots of talk of firing both of them.

And don't even get me started about Ray Allen. Even Garnett forced McHale's hand to let him get the heck out of T-Wolfland.

They didn't get as vocal as Kobe, but they were headed down the same street.
    -------------------
    And who remembers that the Lakers were angling for Garnett and the Celtics were drooling over Pau Gasol?

That's life in the NBA.

Then there is poor Gary Payton, who went to Boston after leaving the Lakers and then on to Miami, ending up a day late and a dollar short each time.
    ---------------------
    At any rate, it's not like either team had some grand wonderfully executed plan they carried out. Both teams had recently fallen into giant vats of fecal matter and ended up crawling out wearing fresh, shiny new hats due to a significant degree of luck as much as anything.

Enjoy the win, they worked hard to get it, but spare me the good vs. evil tripe.

17. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Your right about you said. I do think the series with the Lakers they came together as a team even when they lost to the Lakers they really never bitched about calls (granted the majority of the calls did go for the Celtics) or at each other.

18. mbayushi

mbayushi Whats up Brah!

Biotech
    Forum Blue and Gold

I think Forum Blue and Gold summed up how I felt after game 4, and game 6

Here is the Link
    http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2008/06/17/theres-got-to-be-a-morning-after/

~Michael

19. Burner

Burner WAWE

Wait...

you need to stop worrying about where I live... stalker.

and are they the LA Lakers or the OC Lakers? I thought all OC peeps had to be Clipper fans?

LASTLY... more of the plan coming together... Kobe gets embarrassed on the front page of the LA Times (Top headline)

I didn't know Baahston was chanting "you're not Jordan" and "where is Kobe?".... classic!

------------------

MVP? More like MIA
    Kobe Bryant made just seven of 22 mostly wild shots. He had just one assist. He had four turnovers. The league MVP was unable to carry a team that needed carrying.

full story
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke18-2008jun18,0,5731694.column

20. Evil Chocula

Evil Chocula ah buh bye now

I didn't know that either. Hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.