Get well, strobe

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by mike001, Jan 14, 2014.

1. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    I hope you get relief from that--I had lumbar pain for years myself but praise God, it just stopped. It was the kind you described, the drop you to your knees crying stuff. Hang tough!

2. http://thenaturalpathsd.com/about.html
    Chris,
    worked and works wonders for me and many more. Isn't what you think as far as typical chiro adjusting, mite be worth checking out.

peace Kenny

3. strobe

strobe resident noob

Post-Op Update

Nearly 2 weeks Post-Op and nearly all of the pain is gone except for the residual tight muscles from limiting mobility. Scratch that, i am strung tighter than a tennis racket. The Doctor cleared me for "normal" activity. This means no heavy lifting and still no MTBing. I've still got steri-strips on my incision and still can't take a shower (sigh). But, the Doctor did say i can get on the trainer immediately. This is great. Finally able to pedal again. Almost better than that, i can sleep in my bed again.

I now have to move the cleats on my spare shoes back because i still have almost no strength to push down with my toes. I've also still got numbness in parts of my foot and calf. The Doctor said that the complete healing could take up to a year... i'm generally a pessimist, so, here's to hoping i'm wrong and i will regain my full mobility back. Good thing i just built up a geared bike with squish... standing and mashing on an SS isn't going to happen without my toe strength. And i'll need the squish to help dampen the impact that my foot usually soaked up.

Anyways, that's my update and hope to get to easy trail rides in a month. I'm crossing my fingers.

4. jaime

jaime Member

Happy to hear you are recovering now !!!

5. scan

scan Member

occupational therapist
    Surgery!?!?!? What did they do?

6. strobe

strobe resident noob

They drilled a channel in my vertebrae to shave off and remove the dark blob inside the yellow circle in the image above. Then expanded the opening where the nerves exit my spine. They said my nerves were VERY bruised, but, didn't look like any permanent damage. I'll believe that when i can stand on my left toes again.

I got to drive today. I love driving stick shift, but, my numbness was making that difficult. Its a bit easier now.