GeoManGear’s Battery is here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeoMan, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Lone ranger

Lone ranger Guest

Emailed them a couple of days ago .Return email said that they have sent 30 to 35 % of batteries out and there is no way to tell when we will get them.

2. rich2k

rich2k Member

I got mine last week. Thanks GeoMan!

3. osmarandsara

osmarandsara Active Member

So basically, the majority have NOT received theirs....those that got theirs already all I can say is "I hate you all" :protest::protest::protest:

4. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Got mine too. They look nice.

5. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    I agree nailnut, I think I've been waiting 12 weeks and now with impending move to a far a way land, I fear I shall have my light lost in transit.

6. KonaDawgDeluxe

KonaDawgDeluxe REKE/DMC

construction estimator/Project MGR
    I sent my paperwork in per Geoman's instructions for two batteries in April. As of now I haven't received my replacements. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple of new lights but I decided to just wait for my replacements.

7. socal_rider

socal_rider Member

Ditto here..two batteries in April...still waiting. Luckily I bought a Baja Designs light to use in the meantime. Much better light and the price was reasonable.

8. randalnelson

randalnelson Member

sales rep
    No batteries

Still have not received anything, they had all my paper work on the 28th of April.

9. GTFHector

GTFHector New Member

Sales Coordinator @ Sambazon The Leader In Acai
    12 Weeks!? i've been waiting for a year now.](*,):(

10. H2oChick

H2oChick Active Member

Disappointed

We received this response from Geoman yesterday:

"Please disregard this email if you have already received your recall battery replacement(s). We really apologize for the length of time this recall process is taking.
    We had planned to get batteries to everyone before the days started getting shorter and lights were needed for riding. But best intentions don't always work out. Best intentions? You sold XX amount of lights so you’ll need XX amount of replacement batteries …
    We want to let you know that your claim has been received and validated against the Geomangear order database by the recall administrator on June 21, 2011 and you are in the recall queue. This whole process has been very complex with major issues surfacing constantly including severe supply chain problems due to Japan's very unfortunate twin disasters. I thought these were made in China?
    When will you get your battery(s)?
    For claims that have been received by June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by October 31st.
    For claims that have been received after June 15, 2011 we will get all those batteries shipped out, at the latest, by December 31st.
    The three of us at Geomangear kindly ask you - please don't email us wanting to know more specifics. This recall is pushing our resources to the limit. We need to focus on getting batteries out as quickly as possible to everyone. Let me translate – don’t contact us anymore because we’ll ignore you.
    A side note - for those of you who are upset with us because we are still selling products on our website, please understand the reality that we must continue sales to fund this recall.Hmmm, looks like the disaster Japan has not affected the “new product” deliveries of the Chinese product.
    We thank you for your past patronage, your patience now and hopefully your continued support. Let us all be able to safely Ride On!
    The Team at Geomangear
    *** Please do not respond to this email. Responses will not be answered.***

I really would like to continue supporting their company but when they blatantly tell you they are taking care of new customers and cannot accomodate warranty issues, how can I justify purchasing from them again? What's the saying, burn me once ... :mad:

Left in the dark,
    Kay

11. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

Kay,

i'll play devils advocate here. Basically, they'd be out of business IF they sent everyone a replacement battery and couldnt supply their sales. Gotta make money to be able to fund the recall... (and no other magicshine dealer gave a recall/refund).

Just some perspective...

I too waited a while, and they eventually showed up.

12. Teebird

Teebird A band-aid isn't going to work this time

It amazes me to no end that people want to pay Kia prices and receive Lexus quality and customer support. There's always Cygolite which is a local Orange County outfit. They ain't cheap, but I bet you'll get better customer support. These guys at Geomangear are doing the best they can. For $80, you can punt and go spend $300 at Cygo. Maybe I'm older than most on this site, but my dad taught me you get what you pay for.

13. Rakuman

Rakuman Member

Artist
    The Replacement battery's are being made here in southern California and the Cells are Panasonic from Japan, and YES the supply worldwide was disrupted for Panasonic cells

14. charlesinoc

charlesinoc Hello.

Home Page:
    I don't own these lights. I think Geoman gear is really very generous in offering replacement battery packs. I calculate they may need to provide 20,000 replacement battery packs @ a cost of $30.00 each pack that equates to $600,000. They may incur additional cost in litigation of 3 reported fires due to property damage? Anyway, my point here is $600k is a lot of money. If it's true they are a small operation, they may fund these replacement packs in monthly payments.

At $89 price point, considering they've had to manufacture a new battery pack even half a year wait would be worth the wait. I really find it unbelievable a small company put fort so much effort to offer replacement battery packs. Most small business I would go as far speculate would just file for bankruptcy.

I believe geomans explanation. For the record, I believed our government when they said Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. :p :p :p

I love my 2004 niterider lights. Except when my friends with magic shine come along behind......Then I cant see where I'm going cause the MS drowns out my lights.

15. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Member

family law attorney
    I received Geoman's email and I believe their explanation as well. And, for the record, I knew our government was lying to us about Iraq;).

I think that their actions are to be commended. I have bought replacement lights, for a lot more money, but the Geoman light is an excellent backup light and a good light for my commuter bike.

So, thank you Geoman.

16. H2oChick

H2oChick Active Member

Rakuman: thanks for the supply chain explanation.

And I do appreciate the efforts from them to assist with the replacements and knowing they were going to be inundated I held off until they received the second batch.
    Not that I have to explain, but I purchased these as a back up for my primary light; inexpensive back up from a reputable source.
    It is very difficult to keep customers these days and from my personal experience you have to keep the new and existing ones content in order to keep them returning for more business.

@ Chewy: Devil's Advocate or just the Devil? :)

17. socal_rider

socal_rider Member

I got my "please be patient..." letter in the mail yesterday. At least I now know they received my request.

18. GTFHector

GTFHector New Member

Sales Coordinator @ Sambazon The Leader In Acai
    still waiting.

19. osmarandsara

osmarandsara Active Member

I got my replacement batteries today! (form was sent back in April):beer::bang::clap:\\:D/:drunk:

20. nailknot

nailknot Member

destruction of material
    I received my battery today also. Thanks Geoman. Sorry for all the bitching I did here on STR