Fully Loop trail conditions?

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by KTMRDR, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bomber

Bomber Glenn

Boeing KC-46 program and retired from USAFR
    Trail condition was great last night. No mud at all.

2. Lambda_drive

Lambda_drive Member

Are there still a lot of puddles in the singletrack section?

3. yetifan80

yetifan80 Can I Stop the Addiction?

i rode it on tuesday and it wasn't too bad. I would think it would have dried out by today but then again it looks like it might rain in a few hours.

4. panteratwork

panteratwork Member

Bikes/Music/Film
    tht place looks cool to ride! it's no san gabes but def looks alright! thanks for the pics! :clap:

5. Lambda_drive

Lambda_drive Member

It's raining again. #-o

6. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Non-Profit Treasurer, Asset Valutation, Managment,
    Home Page:
    Fully Loop Tree trimminng

Just after the water tower past Blair witch, probably won't stop many of you:?: but anticipate heavy equipment and falling debris, alternate routes recommended.:wave:

7. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

I can't believe what has been happening on this trail as far as sanitization goes.

The Loop is easy enough without removing ALL the challenging obstacles...

And to whoever removed the roots at the creek after the tunnels... f' you!!!

I'm just sayin'

8. Lambda_drive

Lambda_drive Member

I hate that they removed the tree roots right before that house that hasn't been built yet for a year. :)

The tree roots are a bit of a challenge, and they caused me to fall a couple times, but that's what made it so fun.

Instead of neutering the loop, they should IMPROVE it by making the downhill sections longer and adding in a couple jumps here and there.

They also need to build one of these at the lake.

[​IMG]

9. OTHRIDER

OTHRIDER Active Member

Machinist
    Mark,

There was a thread earlier this month about the sanitizing of the Loop. Something about a horse rider tipping over on the roots.....and a P-line around the roots.......
    ......it is a multi-use rec area

I liked the roots also. :?:

See ya tomorrow

10. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Those were not the same roots, that was for the roots on the little hill after the park if I remember correct.

11. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

Yes, but multi-rec doesn't mean multi-wreck!

If everyone with a wheelchair decides that THEY need to be able to ride a particular path then...

Very little of the Lysol sprayed on the path lately was really necessary. Both the roots that lambda mentions and the ones I refer to had reasonable detours around....

12. Old and in the Way

Old and in the Way New Member

Ok, Let me clear a few comments made from the clown that says F,you .As many know on this site I am in charge of the maint on the Fullerton Trail system.The roots at the top of the hill had dirt put over them because of a fallen horse. The city must respond with an action or they are liable if this happens again.If you have noticed half the roots have come back threw the dirt.I dont know what roots are after the tunnels unless they are in the sandy area next to the water,we have not touched those. Mainly only the santioned trails are the ones we work on , unless there is a safety issue.By the way the loop is only 11 of the more than 40 miles of trails in fullerton
    Today dead limbs were picked up by a volunteer church group to relieve some of the homeowners worries of fire danger along their houses,by the way a small drop in the bucket . I dont take that as sanitizing the trail .I call it helping the community and relieve some of their fears. I was there for an hour and not one biker read the two signs posted about the trail closed and instead every single one of them went under the caution tape and rode past all the workers carrying limbs to the bins. Thats the kind of actions that get the bikers a bad rap. I ride this trail 4-5 times a week and take pride in keeping it safe . I want to make sure i can bike on it another 20 years without some homeowner group taking away from us.

13. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Yes he was talking about the roots along the creek. City sanctioned work is one thing another to for people on their own to go clean things up because they fell or there friend fell.

Just curious did anyone let you know about the tree that fell over on the hill up just before the riding down towards driving range. It was blocking about 3/4 of the road.

14. RustyIron

RustyIron Rob S.

Home Page:
    On the flip side of this "controversy," consider Chino Hills, where the officials in charge are negligent in maintaining trails, and are unresponsive to those who would like to assist. Next time you're crawling down Raptor, covered in welts and bugs and unable to see two feet in front of your wheel, consider that maybe a little bit of trail maintenance is a good thing.

15. Old and in the Way

Yes I went by it tonight. Looks like an old dead pine went down. You would be amazed at how many people bootleg work on the trails .Some is good like jumps and berms in the right spot . Sometimes its hideous what they do. I know the loop is an easy ride we arent tryin to makin any easier or less fun just safer for all the user groups.

16. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Non-Profit Treasurer, Asset Valutation, Managment,
    Home Page:
    It's a fine line with users and administration.

Safe and sane please, that new "berm" at the bottom of the tech before Rosecrans is an insult. As much as I'd like to see some of the kids that ride it take some shovels and a wheel barrow to fill in ruts on that section with some of the freshly tilled clay nearby organizing, planning, and hauling up the water would be a lousy job for two.:?:

17. Old and in the Way

Yes it is an insult. Dont know who has been in there doin that.Young bmxers know doubt.

18. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    So when a mountain biker gets hurt they close the trail to mountain bikers.....

so can we now close the loop to the animal abusers?

Yes, riding a horse is animal abuse!

We appreciate the work. Sorry about the clowns that don't think the yellow caution tape doesn't apply to them.

19. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

I anticipate a specific experience when I ride the Loop, and technical, gnarly, stunt filled terrain ain't it. When I'm in the mood for those things, I ride elsewhere. But when I'm looking for a quick after work ride, a brisk night lap, or a leisurely paced group ride I can hit from home, the Loop can't be beat.

There are still a few things you can hurt yourself on if you know where to look, and the roots will be back soon enough. As all that have ridden this trail more than once should know, the thing is always in flux. Lines, features, and stunts come and go, but the basic trails always remain.

I, for one, am thankful there's a network of trails to ride at all, and that folks like David and his crews are out there doing their best to keep them open and rideable for all. Thanks, guys!

You're free to disagree, of course, in which case I'll welcome you to instead ride the Brea, Anaheim, Orange, or Tustin Loops from now on :wave:

20. Old and in the Way

Funny you say "when a mtn biker gets hurt they close a trail.

Last week a resident saw a rider fly off the cement landing at the midway point at the top of the world (fenceline) area and he ate sh*t into the fence. Called and wanted the cement removed.That wont happen however more calls from residents about the same areas creates more chance for trail changes. It sucks but it happens. Thats how the Euclid fence at the bottom of this very hill changed to bring us under the tree, calls from drivers almost hitting riders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.