Fox CTB Shock lever question

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by office, Sep 14, 2014.

1. office

office Member

I recently bought a 2014 Santa Cruz Heckler on clearance. The bike came with a Fox Float CTD Evolution - Fox states that the lever has three positions, which mine has - however, the lever also rotates straight up toward the front of the bike (allowing it to do a full 360) with very little effort. The shock easily pops out of the open setting into the straight up position which is annoying especially since I have accidentally bumped it to this pseudo firmed up position quite a few times. The other settings on the shock seem to work fine (climb, trail, open) and alter the suspension rate correctly. Is it worth sending back to Fox for repair or is this pretty much par for the course?

I like to run the shock open 90% of the time.

I worked in a bike shop 2007 to 2008 and I remember the Triad shocks doing this, but my RP2 (two setting - climb / descend) didn't.

Thank,

-Office

2. bvader

bvader Long Live The Gorn!

Tech Guy
    There were some recall / issues on the evolutions pretty sure for 2013 not sure about 2014. I would send your issue / email to fox and see what they say. Lever should only go to 3 positions as far as I know (I have factory CTD)

3. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    No - that's not "par for the course" on CTDs. Sounds like yours is malfunctioning. Yes, send it back.

4. office

office Member

Cool, it's going back. Thanks everyone!