Fenix Cycling

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by J Money, Apr 30, 2013.

1. J Money

J Money Member

I just wanted to give a quick review of Fenix Cycling in Yorba Linda. They are located just across the Santa Ana River Trail right next to Esther's Taco House (Near Gypsum Canyon/La Palma).

I do not have enough positive things to say about this shop or the owner "Ozzy." Parts I have ordered arrive within 2 days and everything gets installed promptly. I had a wheel set built in the same day after dropping off the parts.

The customer service has been top notch and there are no "bike snobs" on staff. Everybody I have referred has been more than satisfied with the level of customer service, low pressure sales strategy and attention to detail.

Best part about Fenix Cycling, is that they sell Norco Bikes there. I've been wanting a Norco Sight frame kit and they just happen to have them in stock, that will definitely be my next bike purchase. My daughter loves visiting the place too and we just bought her a pink "push/scoot" bike for her birthday.

If you are in the Yorba Linda area, go check out Fenix Cycling. If you want a Norco bike, go check out Fenix Cycling. If you want the best customer service (that I have received from a LBS) go check out Fenix Cycling.

Thanks for everything so far Ozzy. I will be referring more customers and making more purchases in the very near future!

2. zioncoming79

zioncoming79 Old Man Dead

a business bank SVP
    Ozzy is a good guy and a great wrench. I heard he was opening his own shop since leaving Fullerton Bikes. I wish him well on his new endeavor.

3. zman

zman WTF ?

Ive been looking for Ozzy
    Have a addy for the shop ?

4. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
  5. J Money

J Money Member

Just to add to my review above... Ozzy is going to do 10% off parts for STR members and 15% off labor.

I went there with a buddy that has worked at 3 other shops in the past. He said Ozzy's $70 tune up is worth at least $120 at other shops. I don't know about much tuning up bikes but I guess the chain/parts are soaked in some magical potion that will give you at least 50 horse power. Just kidding, but seriously I guess it is the full deal at a much lower price. I went to buy my wife a bike and he just dialed in her current one and said "have a nice day." I was ready to drop some cash and he didn't even up sell me. The guy is so freaking honest it is scary.

6. manny manny

manny manny New Member

electrician
    Ozzy is a great guy and awesome mechanic. I haven't made it over to his shop yet, but doesn't surprise me that he is running a top notch and honest shop.

7. MemBrain

MemBrain Bone Healer

Bio Manipulator
    Glad to know I have another close option LBS since I live in Anaheim Hills... I'll check out the shop when the time arises.

8. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    I also wanted to throw in my 2 cents. This is a preliminary review as I have yet to pick up my bike. I cannot comment on their wrench skills.

So... I was looking all over for a Norco Range in XS. I was either told that they don't make them or they couldn't find one with out even checking, (I don't like naming names. It was, perhaps a bad day at the shop, but I digress.) with the exception of Bill @ Cyclogical and Mark @ Centre City Cycles. Both Bill and Mark did all they could but they geographically Fenzi made more sense.

Ozzy and Tracy got on the phone and found me one, albeit not a B3 in XS. They then gave me the next best alternative, a 15% discount on a B-2 that they located. At first glance, a 15% discount may seem immaterial to many, but for me it spoke volumes. This is a small shop and more importantly a newly established shop. There was no guarantee that I will ever return nor was there any guarantee that I would recommend their shop. But they gave me the discount anyways and allowed me to play my credit game with multiple credit cards. They even offered to order the bike without a deposit which I think is pretty ballsy. If I flaked, they would be stuck with a bike in an odd size.

I haven't even met them yet and I could feel their passion for bikers. I get an impression that this is a shop that is ran by the people for the people. Good on ya Tracy and Ozzy!

9. von

von Member

Tax Auditor
    I finally got a chance to meet the fine folks at Fenix Cycling. Upon entering I was quickly greeted by Ozzy. However he was busy with another customer and so another fellow Ricardo came by to help me out. Told him I came to pick up my bike. He was quickly enthused by my bicycle of choice. It was quite clear that he was a mtber. Later I find out he rides rigid Jones frame. I too was quickly enthused by his clear passion for bikes.

They quickly adjusted my bike to my preference. Ozzy insisted that I ride the bike out after every adjustment he made. While I was about to leave Ozzy asks if I was considering going tubeless. I said:"Yes, but I haven't bought the tubeless conversion kit." He the offers to set it up tubless for me. Unfortunately, they were out of Stans sealant. The story doesnt end there. Tracy decides to drive to Jenson to get sealant. Thats almost a 30 minute drive in traffic. Meanwhile Ozzy gets Skylar, a shop employee to get me a drink. He was actually going to have him buy me a drink at the store. I kindly declined, more like insisted on refusing a drink!

Enough talking. Bottom line, I cannot recommend this shop enough. They have gone way above and beyond to make me a happy customer. I have never ever in my visits and purchase at shops received such stellar customer service.

You have go to pay them a visit!

10. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

Nice review. I have an early hockey game next door tomorrow so I'll check them out.

11. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

Ozzy is in my top 5, he has a great shop and puts everything he has into making it the best!the Oz MASTER worked for me for 9 years and he is top class dude and a very close friend.. He has great skills on fixing bikes and will make anyone happy who goes in and pays him a visit!