Does anyone have experience w/ Fezzari?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shu, May 3, 2010.

1. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    A buddy is looking for a bike....I've sent him to all the local shops and he has tested some bikes....seems MOST shops want to put him on a carbon frame(says he's PUSHED that way in most of the shops he's gone to in OC)....he found this bike online and asked my opinion....I have never heard of this brand....I did a google search got the usual uneducated BS comments by random people on a bike they know nothing about....
    Fezzari Nebo Peak

IMO he shouldn't buy from "website only" place and support a local shop far warranty issues and adjustments and I think he could get a better deal...

His specs..he's 5'10" new to CA riding (from Bawston) he has some experience riding but not a lot and not in our terrain...still getting used to the ups and downs....(Bawston is flatter)...I think he should pick up a good used bike for $1500 instead of spending $2500 on new....

with all due respect...I know what he can get for certain prices at LBS's.....I was looking for feedback on this particular bike and bike company that he asked me about so I could forward the info to him....Thanks

2. F.A.D.

F.A.D. POWERED BY MUSUBIS

Feeds me
    Shu, I have an ellsworth evolve frame he can get on the CHEAP!!! He can then scrounge the rest of the parts. I'm 5'10" as well. it should fit him well.

3. Robo

Robo No dabs.

4. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    He doesn't have any parts to put on it to start w/....his current bike is a POS....you met him at TT....he was w/ my friend w/ the red hair(both STR Noobies)

BUT

PM me w/ your asking price and I will run it buy him....he did like the Els he saw at The Path but I told him NO he didn't need to spend that kinda $$$

I didn't bother to search STR and I preach that all the time....OOPS:lol::lol:

5. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    I've got some 29er wheels for sale too. If he buys I can throw a bar and maybe a stem.

6. Cilantro13

Cilantro13 ...

When I was visiting family in Utah a couple of years ago, my brother-in-law hooked me up with a friend's full suspension Fezzari.

It wasn't a high end bike, so it was a bit of a step down for me, but it did the job and I had a good time riding. It felt a little sluggish, but I will admit that we hit some muddy sections and it had the equivalent of a small block on the back, so I was carrying a lot of extra mud weight.

All things considered, I think it would be fine for somebody just getting into the sport. My brother-in-law rides one and it has survived Moab and northern Utah trails, and he has been pretty happy with it.

If your buddy is looking for high-end performance, however, he might want to look elsewhere. Otherwise, he would probably be happy with it, especially on the bang-for-buck scale.

I forgot to mention that I either rode the Nebo Peak or the 06 or 07 equivalent of it.

7. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I hit him up and he's not interested in a 29er....didn't even get to the frame price....

8. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

for around the same price you could find a 575 and be on a great frame

9. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    My exact point to him....

10. Mongo

Mongo Chewyeti "MongOHNO!"

measurement tech.
    was at The Path on Sat. They had a lot of last years bikes pretty cheap. He could find a good one for under 2k. they were Kona's and Specialized.

11. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    I think I saw a Coilair complete at the Path for like $1600.

12. des

des big kahuna

He could get a 2010 Specialized stumjumper FSR comp for $1700.

13. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired

with all due respect...I know what he can get for certain prices at LBS's.....I was looking for feedback on this particular bike and bike company that he asked me about so I could forward the info to him....Thanks

14. imapodaddy

imapodaddy New Member

Home Page:
    Shu,

I've ridden 2 different Fezzari Bikes, one is the Wiki Peak and the Abajo Peak.

When they first came out, their pricing was pretty good. Cheaper than what most LBS bikes would sell for. But now they're pricing is a bit higher.

No issues with the Abajo Peak, great bike, geo was fine. It was equipped with entry/mid level parts.

The Wiki Peak was another story. Broke the BB shell. Fezzari warrantied it, but replaced it with a used/dinged frame.

They've grown as a company since then. In fact they seem to be getting better with their customer service and I've seen a few of their bikes around.

You should have him look at the Sette Bikes as well. Sold on Pricepoint.com. I've tested/reviewed their Sette Ace and the Venom. We also tested the DH Vexx.

Good luck.

15. TC_Rider

TC_Rider New Member

Love my 2010 Fezzari Nebo

I have the 2010 Fezzari Nebo Peak and I love it. It was a little tough for me to buy one of their bikes too since they are so new, but they have a 30 day money back gurentee so I figured I had nothing to lose, plus it's about $1400 less than a comparable bike, as far as spec goes, from other companies. As I was looking into the bike a little more and playing around on their website, I noticed things like hydroformed tubing, sealed bearings on the pivots, and lifetime warranty on the frame too. This attention to detail, in my opinion, is on par with any of the big names out there. These things just reassured me I was getting a quality bike. I also like the look of the raw aluminum on the Nebo that they have just clear coated, gives the bike a unique look. This thing climbs like no other bike I have been on before and can descend down anything i've thrown at it. I've beat my Nebo down Porcupine rim in Moab, Gooseberry Mesa, and many other trails over the last 3 months and it just keeps ticking. The company is great to work with too. When you call them you actually get to talk to a person and not an automated machine. I upgraded the wheels on my bike to the Mavic Crossmax ST. Fezzari gave me a great price on the wheels too. They can do all the upgrades you want to a bike in house. They have been great to work with and I highly recommend the Nebo Peak to anyone who is looking for an extremely high quality bike that will last for many years to come.

16. Bapop29er

Bapop29er New Member

Fezzari

I bought a Fezzari Abajo Peak in 2006 from Costco. Went from a HT to a FS. It I did not like it I would just take it back to Costco. I put 2000 + miles on it at Aliso, LCWP and El Morro. No problems. I bought a 29er HT for a second bike to kick around with. Now I only ride the 29er and my wife rides the Fezzari. She is doing a lot better on the Fezzari than her Trek 4500 HT. Only changed brake pads, tires and seat for her. It is still a great bike for the price. Hope this helps.

17. zman

zman WTF ?

I came across the site today and the bikes look real nice and good price
    anyone else have a review with the newer stuff ?

18. heme11

heme11 Brake Rider

Field Tech
    There was a good review of one of their road bikes on the "fredcast" a while ago the reviewer liked the bike but did not love it. Seems like a decent product from what i read while researching my MTB purchase a while back.

19. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    I know its not what you're looking for, so, you said it, not me.

There are no free lunches. If you're not paying, there's something you're not getting. If it's got all kinds of bells and whistles, remember that discount's just coming out of somewhere less obvious. Did it come out of their ad budget? Their skilled labor force? Their materials? Their process time? You'll (hopefully) never really know.

The only way around it is to let some other poor sap lose his money instead and buy used. For a first bike, a year-old $3000 bike in decent cond for half that is perfect. That way he'll just ride the thing and not worry about scratching his paint...