Congratulations EC1 - 1st and 4th at Ft. William

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by herzalot, Jun 10, 2014.

1. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Shout out to (STR member) Eric Carter who may be the reason behind the great start to the season for Specialized DHers Aaron Gwin and Troy Brosnan. EC was hired this past fall to work with the Specialized World Cup DH team. Since then, Gwin has one win and two fourths while Troy Brosnan just won his first race at Ft. Bill. EC is a legend in DH, Dual Slalom and 4x racing and has been a mainstay in the Fontana series for over 15 years. Perhaps his coaching is the difference between this year's great start and last year's disappointments.

Former Yeti racer and Trek development coach Rich Houseman (Big House on STR) took over the DH development team for Specialized this year as well.

While both of these guys haven't posted or probably even looked at STR in a year or two, it's still cool to have that local connection to the current World Cup podium.

So as much as it pains me to root for the big red S, I can't help but pull for Gwin, Carter and Houseman (okay, okay, Brosnan too).

:beer:

2. doublewide

doublewide Ride Life....Ride GIANT

King
    EC is also in the BMX Hall of Fame! Super nice, great teacher, he's just a good human all around!

3. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Realtor/Full Realty
    How do you know this chitt Chris??

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  4. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    I live vicariously and read a lot about DH and Enduro racing. I watch the races, pour over results sheets, constantly scour Pinkbike. All in the wee hours. I also ran into a lot of these guys at Fontucky and although the only similarities between me and them is that we ride bikes, I like to pretend.

As for your edit reason, I ride as often as I can and still maintain a job and family. You should ride with me sometime, my riding will make you feel good about yours.

:wave:

5. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    In keeping with the title and theme of this thread, Troy Brosnan is now the points leader in the World Cup, with Aaron Gwin in second. Thus coach EC is at least partly responsible for this success. How do you coach someone to ride like a madman on a bare rim for over half the length of a brutal World Cup DH course?

6. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Realtor/Full Realty
    Done and done. ; p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  7. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    You're welcome! My new goal as a mountain biker is to make others feel superior by comparison....#-o

No, don't pick me up this morning. I will be in experimental mode and may need to return to the cabin before you are ready to take me back. If I don't see you- ride hard and keep the bike upright! Say hi to Sh***y, Donny and whoever else you see!