Confused Moutain Biker (roadie help)

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by coolbreeze, Jul 10, 2013.

1. RS VR6

RS VR6 Member

I think the MF's are a bit over rated. I have a pair of 404 FC tubulars and prefer the ride to those more than the MF's. They are way sketch when its windy out.

Check out the new Boyd's wheels. They have moved to a wider profile this year. For the price...its not bad.

If using them for racing only...I'd go for the tubulars.

Unless you're racing Kona...I'd go all the way with 90mm front and rear.
    http://www.boydcycling.com/carbon-tubulars/

You can always go Zipp...can't go wrong with them. They hold their value pretty well too.

2. ericfoltz

ericfoltz Active Member

Photographer
    Home Page:
    Giant demo day at A Road Bike 4 You this Saturday in conjunction with the Ride 2 Recovery Honor Ride. A good opportunity to try out a road bike for the first time.

GIANT Demo Day Giant Bicycle will be bringing a demo fleet of 2014 bikes for you to take on extended test rides, including the Ride 2 Recovery! If you would like to test ride a Giant bicycle for the Ride 2 Recovery, please arrive by 6:45am to ensure we can get all riders set up propertly before the start. You MUST bring your own shoes, pedals, photo ID, and credit card (card will not be charged). Giant will not be taking reservations. Bike demos for the Ride 2 Recovery are on a first come, first serve basis. Giant is expecting to have the following 2014 models on hand:

Propel Advanced SL 0 - XS, S, M, M/L, L, XL[​IMG]
    TCR Advanced SL 1 - XS, S, M, M/L, L, XL
    Defy Advanced 1 - XS, S, M, M/L, L, XL
    Envie (Women's Propel) - a few sizes

Additional models/sizes may be available.
    Any bikes not taken out for the Ride 2 Recovery will be available for extended test rides throughout the morning. Once bikes have been returned from the ride, all bikes will be available for the rest of the afternoon for extended test rides - all on a first come, first serve basis. All demo bikes should be returned by 2:45pm.

3. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    I am likely to break at least 53 of the 92 rules stated . . . . May as well just introduce myself as 'Fred'.

Apologies to the Freds of the world that are not actually Freds.