clyde forum

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by fatguy1, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Mongo

Mongo Chewyeti "MongOHNO!"

measurement tech.
    You've lost over 100 Lbs!!!! and you want a clyde forum??? :lol:

2. MethodX

MethodX Uber Method

I'm the guy that figures stuff out.
    Quite an accomplishment for sure. A Clyde forum would help with sharing of info without having to read silly comments from guys that could easily fit into women's clothing :p

I with ya FG1. Let me know when you want to hit Black Star. Happy to ride with you and your peeps. ;-)

3. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    How would a separate forum for clydes work? Would it be private like the Ladies forum? Before someone joins the Ladies forum, they have to ask to join and somehow verified. Like all other forums, it would also need a moderator as well. View Site Leaders which some of them do zero to no moderating at all anymore.

Besides, what's wrong with the current "group" forum you guys have now? Can't you guys discuss the same things there? Make your group forum private so only members can read and discuss if you guys don't want guys like me who can fit into women clothing piping in ;-)

To me, having a separate forum for just the "big guys" is not necessary IMHO. I'm sure you all disagree. Sorry, just my .02

4. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Sweet so big dudes have to vouch for other big dudes to be able to join the private big dudes forum. But what happens if somebody loses weight then you gotta kick him out!

5. HinkDog411

HinkDog411 New Member

Home Page:
    5'10"-280 lbs. Played Defensive line in HS, always been a "Big Boned" guy.....but I'm having fun on the bike still.......I COULD easily race the Clyde class at Fontana, as I obviously qualify, but I want to race guys my age and skill set instead of going just for a podium, so I am staying in the "reglar" or "Skinny little girls jeans wearing, put rocks in their pockets to keep them from blowing away" class......

6. biknpam

biknpam Member

Don't forget to make it CLYDE and ATHENA... include us "Fluffy" gal as well.

A pinch for such a forum: They tend to be very encouraging - there is definitely a C & A community out there that have their own issues and accomplishments. We also have questions that specifically relate to being larger which would be beneficial to keep in one forum for research purposes.

7. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

Ive posted clyde specific thread about brakes, suspension, seats etc and always have some lightweights chiming in with their recommendations. What works for them most likely wont work for me. We are hard on our bikes and need advice from other clydes on what works for heavier riders

Sure we could use this single post but its so hard to keep track of everything people post in it and try to reply with quotes to all the posts is a pain.

The best way to do it is like how mtbr does it. Just create a seperate forum/category thats labeled clydes. It doesnt have to be complicated with some kind of verification or anything just another category on the list.

8. rodgerdodger

rodgerdodger Member

the triple crown series class for clyde was 200+ lbs

9. genusmtbkr5

I'm talking about the clyde group that is already created in "groups". Why not ask your clyde specific questions there? Since it will only be discussions between those who belong to that group, you won't have anyone outside of that group answering any questions.

Here's their link: Clyde Pryde

10. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

Im still trying to figure out how to join that group.....I really dont think many people go and check out whats going on with groups on a daily basis anyways which would mean no questions would get answered.

Ive tried the groups thing on other forums Im on and it never caught on.

11. genusmtbkr5

You can subscribe to that group like you can to any thread. Every time someone adds a reply, you will receive email notification. PM 1x1clyde to get invite since this group is private

12. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    I try my best to make sure the group is current but a forum would be awfully handy as it would be right on the home page.....I could moderate if that will help Gene?:)
    I can even organize a "Clyde Ride' soon to prove the numbers are out there:bang:
    Cmon....you know it will be a hit!

13. grendal

grendal Member

Clydes are 200 lbs+ in the races I have been in. At 6'2" 202 lbs I don't feel overweight until I get on a bike and ride with guys that weight 150 lbs and climb like billy goats.

14. Coach

Coach New Member

Bicycle Shop Manager/Head Mechanic
    I'm really confused about the Clydesdale designation. I've never been called one until today. I'm 6'/220 lbs. I'm fit, not fat (nothing wrong with being fat, not trying to step on toes). On the road I can push mid-twenties for 20+ miles, on the dirt I do just fine I suppose, and I am fond of loading my Surly LHT with 80 lbs and riding it for 3 weeks straight. All the forums (and the guy at the shop today) say that I am a "Clydesdale", but standing next to guys like Mongo, I feel like a freshman Glee-Clubber does when he meets a Senior Varsity Offensive Lineman. What gives? Are there Super-Clydes? Baby-Clydes? Can you just call me a pony?

15. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    If you are bigger than the person riding next to you, then you are a Clyde.

Well, to them at least.

16. Mongo

Mongo Chewyeti "MongOHNO!"

measurement tech.
    Coach, I don't think that you are quite Clyde status but judging by some of the riders I have seen visit the shop, I can see why they would call you that. They are 5' nothing, and my morning constitutional weighs more than they do. :lol: