Circle City Cyclery in Corona, CA

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by arkenzo, Jul 27, 2010.

1. arkenzo

arkenzo New Member

LASD
    Don't bother going to Circle City Cyclery in Corona if you want any kind of customer support. I bought a bike from them and had nothing but issues with it, turned out to be a defective bike and they couldn't fix it (they tried 3 times but failed). They caused a scene in front of their customers and did me wrong by rejecting my refund request, the store employee was obviously looking after his own rather than understanding the situation from my point of view. I mean who wants a $600 bike that keeps on giving you problems? The bike was a lemon and if he had any consideration about his customers, he would have just giving me my money back and taken the bike without causing a scene or making any drama. He took the bike and told me to do a chargeback on my credit card, which I did. Talked to the dispute representative from bank of america and he was a mountain biker as well, he agreed that the bike was defected and I should have gotten a refund for a defective product, he sided with my story without any doubts.

In the end, this whole situation turned out to be a disaster and I will never recommend Circle City Cyclery to anyone, including my local rider buddies and anyone else.

Circle City Cyclery
    390 North McKinley Street, Corona, CA 92879-6572 #-o

2. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    where are the lexicons when you need them.. ?

3. j_latimer

j_latimer New Member

currently unemployed...
    I stopped going there as soon as JensonUSA moved to corona, much better shop, and not even comparable to the service. Unfortunately Circle City had one of the best mechanics for the longest time Johnny, but he has since moved on from that shop...

4. arkenzo

arkenzo New Member

LASD
    I actually stopped by JensonUSA right after the whole fiasco with Circle City Cyclery, the representative there heard my story and agreed with me about the whole situation. JensonUSA in corona has a grip load of mountain bikes, almost 10x more than Circle City Cyclery. My fault for shopping at a small bike shop :(

5. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    You didn't happen to send me an email from Nigeria, did you?

6. arkenzo

arkenzo New Member

LASD
    Excuse me?

7. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

How was the bike defective?

8. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

I don't like how your experience at this shop justifies your e-trashing of the store, its owner and employees. The one-sided story seems a bit over the top and I'd love to hear from the shop regarding what really happened. Unfortunate all around.

9. arkenzo

arkenzo New Member

LASD
    Did you not read what I wrote? Look at my past posts if you need more history as far as this shop and the problems with this bike.

10. arkenzo

arkenzo New Member

LASD
    And I don't like how you're communicating with me in regards to this situation. You aren't me and you didn't go through what I went through, so your response means nothing in regards to this situation, thank you. You can call the shop yourself if you'd like, I am not hiding any facts or information in regards to the shop. I am not e-trashing rather than posting my experience about my bike purchase at this store and the shitty customer service that I got. In which manner did I represent myself that would have you believe that i single sided this story? Sorry buddy, but I don't get my jollies by posting fictional stories. What is this place? The Bike Shop Review section, I posted a review about the shop, it is a negative one, GET OVER IT. Not everyone has positive experiences, sorry that this post doesn't reflect your perfect little world. I got the shaft and I have a right to be bitter about it.

If this is the thanks I get for warning STR members about this shop then maybe I shouldn't post any more reviews, since having a bad experience is frowned upon here it seems.

11. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

I read what you wrote below. I don't seem to see any explanation of what is defective. If you described it in another thread, then linking that information here would have been useful. You shouldn't assume that I/we read all threads. And since you're new here, I probably wouldn't remember your name and related it here had I read that post/thread.

I'm starting to see the shop's side to the story.

12. doublewide

doublewide Ride Life....Ride GIANT

King
    I went back and read your original post i don't see where you said what was wrong with the bike.

shitty

Lee beat me to it! I need another Makers on the rocks, thank you

13. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

No need to be so hostile.

Now I really understand what the shop was dealing with.

14. arkenzo

arkenzo New Member

LASD
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/workshop/52476-tough-situation.html

Thanks, now I am definitely going to stop posting in this topic, this is definitely not the kind of reaction I was expecting, no need to troll in here 2wheel_lee. Understand my situation from my point of view. Thank you.

i don't think it is necessary to post here anymore, all further posts will be ignored as far as this thread goes.

Thanks.

-Arkenzo

15. El Immigrante

El Immigrante STR's resident Coyote.

Coyote...need to get your relative across the bord
    Tijuana- Land of pimps, drug dealers, hot women, m
    I'm not happy with my recent service at a popular shop either. =(

16. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

I can really see the shop's unfortunate situation. ..quite a bit of defensive posturing for such an innocuous comment.

17. Falconer

Falconer Who are you? who who

Falconer/Animal trainer
    I really wonder what kind of bike AND what went wrong with it that could not be corrected?
    Unless the frame is F'd-up what could not be replaced or fixed?
    Your shop review/bashing is hard to take seriously without some facts to support your allegations.
    Just sayin!

18. nerdgirl

nerdgirl Ronin

Cog in the federal justice machine
    Home Page:
  19. fatguy1

fatguy1 Active Member

owner of auto detail co.
    WOW.......glad he's done!! talk about butt hurt.......i guess we were all all supposed to sympathize with him.there is always two sides to every story. see lee you scared him away..LOL

20. NA1NSXR

NA1NSXR Member

I followed the link and read up on your issue and it seems like there isn't anything wrong with your bike at all. Its not really possible in my experience to adjust the derailleurs perfectly on a stand as the shifting behavior gets altered slightly under power. As long as the limit screws on your derailleurs are set correctly, the indexing on the shifters takes care of itself. All you need to do is use the barrel adjuster to dial out the shifting problems.

Find a situation where you can replicate the problem (probably on a reasonably steep hill requiring power) and look back at the cassette as the chain skips. Find out which way its hopping off momentarily and turn your barrel adjuster one notch and see if it gets better or worse. If it gets better continue adjusting notch by notch until the problem is gone. If it gets worse adjust the other way.

Anyway I think your problem is pretty common and not really the fault of the shop.