Race Report Called to Creation's Daily Sea Otter Report

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by doubleoh7, Apr 18, 2012.

1. doubleoh7

doubleoh7 Called to Creation

Self Employed
    Home Page:
    Let me start by saying - greetings and peace to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have been blessed with a new Macbook Pro 15" and of course that gives me the opportunity to share our adventure at Sea Otter. I brought my camera and anything and everything I can do to share the experience I plan on doing. I may even attempt another video :D - anyway... subscribe to this thread... I'm hoping it will be a good one.

Pics or it didn't happen, so here's a shot of our ride up:

[​IMG]

For starters I have to say a big thanks to Dylan and Jeff Unger for allowing me to join them on the ride up and offering to stay with them in their hotel, (which even they agreed needs improvement) the Econolodge Seaside. Nevertheless the trip has started out kind of weird with one of my clients canceling last minute, so I'm hoping God will provide me with some replacement business. This is my first time at Sea Otter which I realize for some people is just a wish, so I should say big thanks to my wife Melody, for all the love and support. Weather is cool tonight and comfortable. The crew is still not all here, but rest assured the morning starts early at 615am, so I'm going to sign off for now.

In His Service,

Scott
    Called to Creation

2. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    I'm headed up in the morn for my first Otter as well. I'll be racing CX and XC.
    Camping out, so I only have myself to blame for the condition of my trailer.
    Hope you find some clients.

3. doubleoh7

Self Employed
    Home Page:
    Update 1. 1205 am April 20th 2012. God is great - we have acquired new clients and have made retainer agreements with at least three companies / teams. First a big thanks to Incycle's DH Team for bringing us on board for their photography needs. We have already posted some photos of their team from today's practice. Check out our company page on Facebook for a link. www.facebook.com/calledtocreation. On another note, we personally got to spend a few minutes with Aaron Gwin, we had a quick prayer with him and encouraged him to continue to represent Christ. Truly an honor. Additionally we attended the Shimano launch party for the new Saint and Vee line-up. Photos below. We are blessed to be in the position we are in. The morning brings about very specific requests - one in particular is a super sick shot of Greg Minnaar - any fans?? Either way - an early morning again as practice begins at 0800 hours. We're pretty stoked !!! Well it's getting late so check out the photos from today and of course more coming tomorrow night - goodnight race fans!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    PTL! I love seeing the results of you walking in faith. It's not always going to be easy (remember that Hebrew word for"blessing" also means "curse"). But for now, you can just shoot and have fun with friends!

5. Jack

Jack Member

Thanks for sharing. Have always wanted to make it to Otter. For now, pedal and pace in the local open space. Just like His Word, public and free.

6. DH GLORY

DH GLORY New Member

Lets keep it on biking

7. commplex

commplex SSuper SSlacker

Insurance Agent
    He is... Nothing wrong with giving credit where credit is due. Doubleoh7 praise God for your success. Keep us posted brother.

8. doubleoh7

Self Employed
    Home Page:
    Today was an early start. Cool shots of Minnaar, Buckell, Graves, and some other riders. Can't post em up just yet... Got a cool shot of Danny Hart I can post so here it is:

[​IMG]

Today, saw some great finishes in Dual Slalom including Joe P. and his Nephew on the Podium for Team Southridge. Speed and style seemed to be mostly Speed with an occasional whip or one-footer. Lots of ambulances today (pray for the injured), hoping for a lot less crashing for everyone. Of course I've been told if you don't crash every now and then you're not pushing yourself. Any way it looks like I might get to bed at a decent hour, Praise God for rest. Thanks again for all your support. I hope my updates are worth it !!! Good night -

9. guero

guero iFroth

wait for it...

10. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    Ok I just got flagged in the middle of my campout. Like politics, not everyone will aggre with your views and I will not moderate on those beliefs, but if I have to visit this thread again other than to thank it, I'll close it and it won't matter what religion I believe in cause you'll hate me anyway. Thanks

11. guero

guero iFroth

I too saw that it was reported. Genes reply was spot on. Enjoy your camp out Gene!