Buena Park Bicycles

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by Lambda_drive, May 10, 2008.

1. Lambda_drive

Lambda_drive Member

Buena Park Bicycles is a fantastic shop! The staff are really welcoming, and they always greet me when I walk in. The Manager of the shop, Hank, is a really cool guy, and he really goes the distance to make sure his customers are happy. He's given me a number of killer deals on items. Their shop may not be the biggest or have a huge stock like the path, but what they do have is all very nice. Since I go there a lot they usually give me a discount when I buy stuff. I really appreciate that, They really do know how to keep their customers happy. :clap:

I also like adrenaline, but they're way to far away from me, Buena Park bicycles is only a block away from my house.

2. edwardthetwinky

edwardthetwinky New Member

Buena Park Bicycles AKA two wheels one world i believe. they have two stores from what i understand. Anywhosieshowsies Hank and all the guys are awsome. Hank seems to love to give out deals haha but awsome guy knows what he's talking about and will talk all day to you and convert you to dual suspension no matter what it takes haha. Just thought i would give my 2 cents on who i've experienced.

3. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    The other shop is Fullerton Bikes.We're having a maintenance clinic next month. Please do not confuse these two shops with anyone else using the "TWOP" name. They are a world apart (bad pun). Hank is cool, and correct about full suspension :D

Come out and ride the Fully Loop with us Edward!!

4. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

1st bike

purchased my first m-bike from them:bang:

5. edwardthetwinky

edwardthetwinky New Member

ooooo a maintainance clinic huh!? can i get some more info (pm?)

I woudl love to go out to fully with you guys!...but i'm still waiting on getting my bike haha...

had to make tough decision yestereday... my green fund went low and i had the 08 XC expert on layaway...and so i had to change it ... hank being the dual suspension that he is haha... was trying to get me onto the giant yukon fx... but in my head i kinda was leaning towards the rockhopper comp disc...

so it was a desicion between

dual susp with cheap compnents... OR.... hardtail with good components

After reading reviews, looking, staring, looking again... i feel that with my current money situation and long term investment in sucha bike i decided to go with the rockhopper...

any opinions?

6. SlowPokeMichael

SlowPokeMichael New Member

Personal Financial Advisor
    good choice,

my friend bought a Giant Yukon FX and I tried riding it on the fullerton loop. I have a specialized fsrXC pro and it was night and day. I found myself constantly out of breath on that giant, and the components were very slushy and non-responsive.

7. mtnbikerfred

Good to hear Hank worked it out with you. The RH Comp is of course a lighter bike, but at some point the FS bike would be more comfortable and offer better control, even with the weight penalty. Still something to be said about riding a nice hardtail.....

Slowpoke, You must be some kind of genius. What did you expect a $700-800 entry level bike would ride like compared to your $1200 FSR? #-oYou were out of breath because you are weak from riding an XC bike.... :p :D :p :D

I bought the Yukon FX for my daughter. It's a great bike for the money, but it lacks completely the "Gucci factor"

8. SlowPokeMichael

SlowPokeMichael New Member

Personal Financial Advisor

I know I know. Probably didn't help that his rear shock was set to 140 PSI and i'm nearly 200 pounds. lol:lol:

9. oneredbike

oneredbike New Member

Buena Park Cyclery awesome service

I recently went to service a wheel at this bike shop for the first time and was super please with their friendly service and rapid attention. I was expecting to leave the wheel and been told to come back in a few days...on the contrary I was told to see the mechanic on duty. Hugo started working on my wheel right away. He had it fix in a few minutes and there I was on my way home with my wheel. This kind of service is rare nowdays. I am going back this week for more service. Anyone had the same experience at this shop? :beer:

10. chevrolegs

chevrolegs Active Member

I like the shop although I only feel like I get good service when I believe Steve is working.. or the Asian guy that I forget the name of. 2 really cool, helpful guys.

11. Old and in the Way

Old and in the Way New Member

His name is Hank. Had a front break problem, they fixed it on the spot.Yes good people at this shop and the Fullerton one.

12. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Hank is the asian guy - very nice guy and very customer service oriented. I think during the months when it's lighter longer, he holds some group rides at the Fullerton Loop.

Hugo's been around for quite some time, and he really knows his stuff. Although I've never had him build any wheels for me, I hear his wheel builds are pretty solid.

13. eruizela

eruizela mountain bike addict

Realtor
    Hank is cool, he very helpfull

14. Tmac

Tmac Lonewolf

moving cans from here to there
    I actually bought my first BMX bike from them, waaaay back in '82 and have been shopping there ever since. I have always been very happy with the level of their customer service.

15. ocr6

ocr6 New Member

I had Hugo Built my sette elite just this last year.. I bought all the parts everywhere and droped them off to him in a pile.. He called me a couple days latter to come pick up the bike it was done.. Never had a problem with any of his work. My next build Hugos going to be building!!!:beer:

16. mtnbikerfred

Mah boyz on the west side!!!

If you really think so, click here

17. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Oh yeah? :) My dad bought my first bike there: a 1973 Schwinn Sting-Ray (the shop was called Pete's Schwinn back then). While working at the shop, I bought my 1982/83 Schwinn Tempo road bike there.

Cindy, the woman who works there has been there since about the time my dad bought that bike. I think it was her father or grandfather who originally owned the shop. Yes, she knows more about what's gone on at that shop more than anyone else. And she has an incredible memory, too.

18. chevrolegs

chevrolegs Active Member

Oldies! :lol:

19. moment8

moment8 Member

King's Body Shop & Autocare
    Nice people, good service, but they did'nt know how to retension my spokes on my new Industry Nine wheels.:?:
    paid what I paid, they say it's retensioned to specs, but the spokes were still too loose... ended up taking them somewhere else for proper service.

20. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

In their defense, I9 wheels are a bit different than others (I assume you know that). Although the basic skillset is the same, I think that there may be some characteristics that one should be practiced with to fully tension those wheels. That's why many people here recommend that you take the wheels to someone who is familiar with them. I don't think Buena Park Bicycles has sold many - if any - of those wheelsets. That's just one of the disadvantages in owning an unconventional or different type of wheelset.