Bike Bling .....the shop (Threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by Team Smitty, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Familyman

Familyman Original Kaosss

I say give the shop another chance. Alot of the time its some erogant dipshit employee who ruins the sale for the owner!!! I would have called bullshit on the employees standing around!!!! I own my own business and I don't tolerate bad employees!!!!!! Good luck next time.

2. dssgaffler

dssgaffler Complete Sellout

BLT2

I had a similar experience there. I decided to take my lunch break to go buy some Juicy 7s. When I got there, there was 1 guy there who was "busy" talking to another customer about a local trail. I was there about 10 minutes waiting for their conversation to end when a 2nd guy walked in with a Del Taco bag. He put the bag down, came over and helped me right away. They had 2 rear brakes and no front brakes, so he mocked up the 2nd rear brake on his Yeti and cut the line so it would be the appropriate length. He did this while his Del Taco food was getting cold in the back. If I would have walked out during those first 10 minutes (which I definitely considered), I would have never known the great service Bike Bling can provide in person. I really hope you give them 1 more shot.

3. Kritter

Kritter Member

Suspension Design Engineer
    Home Page:
    I see we shop at the same shop but I have to extend it to when I go into...ANYWHERE and immediatley receive a reach around.

As for not being greeted...thats flat out bad business regardless if you were there to buy something or not and regardless if it was a bike shop or not. When a person walks into a retail store that gives a shit...they should be greeted. The guy could have been helping the pope with a rickshaw wheel bearing...a 2 second " hey hows it going" would have been suffice and the customer he is helping unless a complete prick should have no issue and if said customer is a complete prick, they dont need the pricks business anyway.

4. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    If I Walk Into A Bike Shop, Which The Best Lbs Service Is Adrenaline Bikes In Orange And They Dont Recognize My Prying Eyes I Start Doing Manuals In Their Store And And Do Massive Preloads Upon Their Fancy Bikes I Usually Get Attention That Way. Walk Around Eating And Drinking Their Suplements Is Another Way To Get Their Attention.

5. Kritter

Kritter Member

Suspension Design Engineer
    Home Page:
    Starting Every Word With A Cap Got My Attention...

6. UPSed

UPSed SPECIALizED

These are the kind of sales people I like. You walk into the store and are greeted.

"Hi. my name's Joe. Anything I can help you find?"
    No I'm just looking around.
    "Okay. I'll be behind the counter. Let me know if you need any help."
    And they walk away.

7. uno-speedo

uno-speedo Its all about the ti baby

Design things
    I had a similar experience at Bike Bling recently. Kerry wasn't there who holds the place all together. I to had to wait for about ten minutes to check out and would have walked out having not known that they were one (main) man down that day. One thing they have going against them is the layout of the shop. You can't see anyone because of all the tall racks. Besides that they do carry a great line of products. A nice feature is you can order online and then pick the items up in person. Before I forget one thing that bugs me is the majority of items do not have prices on and secondly the other annoying thing is the slow check out procedure because every item is run through their computer less a simple barcode method. They even walked off with my credit card to go run it in the back of the shop taking it out of my view. Kind of worrying in this day and age. Besides all the small issues I state above its a cool shop and a new one at that. I think once they run these kinks out it'll be a really, really good shop that'll get much more of my business.

8. ocr6

ocr6 New Member

Take your return to ThE Path.. they will gladly help you spend that money with a smile... :lol:

9. OldDogDan

OldDogDan Member

I have had several excellent transactions with good pricing from Bike Bling. They do have a non-traditional layout though. That's the mechanic area when you walk in, not just a sales counter. The owner, Kerry, sits in the back and rings up purchases. Mechanics aren't necessarily the best salespeople, but that's okay by me. Also they get a lot of browsers. So I've been initially ignored before, but as soon as I initiate a conversation, they're very helpful and friendly and send me back to Kerry. I say give them another chance, walk in, be casual, speak up, you might be surprised how well things go...

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009
  10. Ride2live32

Ride2live32 New Member

Custom Fabricator, soon to be cooking chef
    But normally I think it makes better business if they go out and help when they see someone is waiting for help.. otherwise they wont come back next time if thats what theyre looking for. I have nothing against bikebling.. never been there yet.. But from what he says would be my same point of view.. If the sales man is busy with an customer, why not go out at least help instead of standing n getting paid for.

11. tortoise

tortoise Member

I've had a couple good online orders with them, talk to Cary once and he was very helpful. But if the guy behind the counter is just too cool to help, axe him and get someone that has better people skills. We spend alot of money on our passion to have some punk kid ignore us:bang: give 'em another chance and if you get the same result, I'm sure Cary would like to know. However if I ever need to go into a shop, I'll stick to The Path.

12. dudevf1

dudevf1 New Member

I went to a retail store one time and can you believe that I had to initiate with another human being that was paid to work there? It was pretty awful, i said "Excuse me, can you please help me with this?"

I still have nightmares...

13. Au575

Au575 New Member

I get lots of attention when I walk into Performance. Unwanted attention.

I've had good transactions at BikeBling - but the mechanic walking off with my credit card was a bit unnerving the first time.

They have a great selection of product, and seem reasonably knowledgeable, so no complaints. I do like that they email my receipt right then - that's cool.

14. Dagomako

Dagomako Dont tell me what to do!!

Pro button pusher
    I go to bike bling all the time. I have never had a bad experiance. They have always been very helpful. Fun group of guys to talk too!

15. TKCastle

TKCastle New Member

Designer
    Buy online(jenson, Go-ride etc), let them twist in the wind in this tough economy. No second chance, nada. From all the post I read the owner/manager (carey) seems cool but he should have a handle on his employees service with customers.

16. hav77

hav77 Member

Environmental Planner
    Perfect.

17. yamahabr6

yamahabr6 New Member

I've been to BikeBling multiple times and It's a great experience every time.

18. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    I agree that scenario is IDEAL...BUT it seems customer service these days is either you have a shadow/stalker or feel like you're Robinson Crusoe...rare to find the happy medium....and I'm not just referring to LBS's

19. mntbiker12

mntbiker12 Quest: Singletrack

Marketing Director / Marketing Consultant
    Ultimate case of YMMV - purchased acoustic there for my son, and even though it wasn't a high $ purchase, they were extremely helpful, took lots of time, and even unboxed a couple just so he could try them out.

For the OP, it's funny, I heard BBling was founded by old BeyondB guys. I love Beyond's shop, but their service SUCKS and that's based on a grip of in person visits. You'd think these guys would fix that end of it. :-k

20. RideNEtime

RideNEtime New Member

car mechanic
    My guess is that wasn't the the owner watching you. Its hard to get good help. Second chance is cool, but I would tell the owner/manager about the experience.