Attn: Newbs and Lurkers.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dino Brown, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

1) Don't worry about the climbs or slowing anyone down. It's all about having a good time. :lol:

2) Turnbull? I can see it from my house! Tell me when it is convienent for (YOU) to join us! After work? Weekends?

3) A Santa Monica's ride has already been planned for sometime in October! :bang:

4) A new Iron Horse? :clap: :D :bang: I like you already! :bang:

2. SpunnOne

SpunnOne Last Man Up...

Systems Admin
    Cool - I'll look for the October ride!
    I get out of work at 4 in Costa Mesa, so I could be in Whittier around 5:15. Or any weekend day is usually good. I'd like to go after I get the MKIII, if I ever get it. Performance is really screwing up my order. It was supposed to be here a week ago, and now they say it "should" be here Friday. Long story short, I'm going to try and get out of the deal, as The Path has it for about the same price, and from what I've seen here, that looks like the place to go (although they only have 6 month financing same as cash as opposed to 12 - doh)
    Sorry for the rant - just had to get it off my chest...

3. Dino Brown

I am usually on the trail by 5:30! PM me whe you get the bike! It's the least I could do for an IRON HORSE family member! :bang:

Sorry to hear about your issues with Performance! Call them and ask where your bike is! I am sure they have a tracking code for it! It is also entirely possible, the bike has already arrived! Get an answer!

Good luck!

4. coldbrews

coldbrews Former Fat Guy

Electrician
    Hey I'd be happy to join you guys and help break in Spunns new steed. As far as holding everyone up on the hill climbing, I'll be right by your side Spunn, trust me when I say, I'm never the first one to the top.

I had the same dillema regarding my friends always backing out of going riding with me, so I always rode alone. I built up the courage and went out on a ride a few weeks ago for the first time with STR and had a blast, got to see and ride a new trail I didnt even know existed. Then Dino invites me out onto my local trail and along with Hanzo he shows Coleko and I a part of my home trail I have never riden before....awesome.

So take STR and the family up on showing you a good time and join a group ride when you have the opportunity to do so. See you out there. :beer:

5. BrewMaster

BrewMaster Thirsty

Chemist
    Where's the Turnbull Canyon trail head?

6. Dino Brown

Join Coldbrews, Spunnone, Hanzo, Coleko, Myself and a few more Homie's... (WE) will show you! :lol:

Oh yeah, the beers are on YOU! :D

7. BrewMaster

BrewMaster Thirsty

Chemist
    I can't join you if I don't know where to go. ;)

No problem bringing the beers. :beer:

8. Hanzo

Hanzo .

I might be going there this thursday nite. PM if interested.

9. Dino Brown

Turnbull is like Fight Club- It doesn't exist!

Check your PM! :D

10. Letyrides

Letyrides Roar!

I thought I heard someone saying my name!? Was it you and another guy and a girl? Towards the end of the ride I just wanted it to be done and get out of the sun. Sorry if I kept riding and ignored you, I didn't mean it.

Good thread Dino. I've floated between lurker/poster/lurker/poster but now post on a regular basis and it's done wonders for my riding. The only way to get better is to keep at it and have fun!

11. DasBrink

DasBrink 6th coolest guy in SoCal

Yup that was me, it looked like every one on that ride was in "death march mode" so i didn't really expect any responses ;)

12. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    I would be done for this non exsitient trail known as Turnbull.

13. onlyontwo

onlyontwo Not smart enough to shift

Big kid job
    New kinda lurker...

My wife and I just moved here from Indiana. I joined the site before the move to read-up on local trails and such. We met Allison, Justin, Andy, Anne, PacMan and a few others at the Jenson sale the other weekend. We are very excited to start riding and getting to know the members of SCTR. We live in Riverside about 1/2 mile from the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park and ride there several times a week. We are planning on attending the Nobel ride this weekend and get to know a few more of you. Take it easy and great thread.

:beer:
    Andy McMullan (and wife is Candace)

14. llopez71

llopez71 New Member

student
    i had this one coming!!!!
    so....im so going to start coming on here...and hopefully making some time for some rides....thinking about doing the long beach one on sunday....

15. Dino Brown

16. chongoblanco

chongoblanco Banned

none i get my check on the 1st!
    no offense meant or taken but im a newb and hardly have enough time to even look at str let alone read everything, post and show up to rides and after parties. people in my boat do the best we can for the sport we love, but i guess we'll be labled as lurkers....

i'll show up one day for a turnbull ride, ive been wanting to check it out

17. Dino Brown

Mechmann- Unless I am wrong, Chongoblanco is (NOT) a Newb. I have ridden with him plenty of times. As for the EPIC rides, the bike you would most likely see him on is his Giant Faith DH bike!

With regard to being over zealous: my apologies. My goal with the thread was to provoke thought (NOT) guilt people into participation!

I consider myself fortunate to have started the thread. The reason: I have gained literally (10) riding buddies.... some of whom are grateful that I wrote it. In their words, "it provided the kick they needed.. sure beats riding alone.... etc."

18. Tapeleg

Tapeleg AKA: jbanes78

IT Geek
    Props to Dino, Its because of him and the STR stickerst that he hooked me up with at the Fully Loop, that I have joined a few weeks ago. After getting the sticker ("Business Cards") I was curious as to what the group was all about, and I have got to tell you.... I have had nothing but a warm reception from day 1 from all of you! I already have plans to ride with Dino on the Turnball soon... (I will bro!LOL!) and have found that BrewMaster lives just around the corner from me in Chino Hills!... gonna hook up with him soon too!

Its a lil tough not knowing to many of you, but the more I read, the more I learn how great you guys are!

Looking forward to meeting more of you soon.

Jim :bang:

19. Dino Brown

1) Check your PM

2) I noticed you are a definite MAYBE :?: for the Newbie Ride. For a guy who is looking forward to meeting people, it would seem to me a 70 person NEWBIE RIDE would be the easiest way to make that happen. Could be wrong!

3) Turnbull? 8-[ It doesn't exist! [-X

20. JOx2

JOx2 Active Member

You STR folks are awesome! Im glad i joined the newbie ride yesterday and Pato:clap: made it possible for me.

Hope to join you guys for more next time.