Any word on Chino Hills?

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by ducatirider2, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danimal22

Danimal22 New Member

Utilities General Foreman, Disneyland Resort
    Entrance gate is closed, park across street at housing tract and ride in.

2. XTC29er

XTC29er New Member

Chino Hills State Park has been closed in the past during the week. People have in the past continued to ride during the week without much of an issue. I have even pasted a Ranger mid week without trouble.

3. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    I'd actually recommend rubber cement, if anything. Paste is water soluble; with these damp fall evenings, they'll work their way free in no time. Better to stick with what will reliably keep them in one location.

4. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    These closures are total BS. As with all of these rounds of closures porposed etc. - The cost of patrolling to enforce a closure will be the same as patrolling an open park.Most parks have such limited services now that denying a bit of parking revenue makes all this a net loss.

5. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

Duct Tape works in almost any weather condition.
    I prefer the black "Gorilla" brand.

6. Sparky

Sparky whatever

Electrician
    Chino Hills State Park trail condition

Has anyone rode in chino hills park recently? A group of us are riding there this weekend, 12/10, and I wanted to find out the trail condition. Are the trails in good condition or is the singletrack overgrown?

7. Kimbilly

Kimbilly New Member

Home Page:
    Do you know what trails you will be riding? For the most part, most of the singletracks at CHSP are in great condition, with a few spots that are slightly overgrown, but I've seen (and ridden through) a whole lot worse. Should be great weather for saturday too!

8. zioncoming79

zioncoming79 Old Man Dead

a business bank SVP
    It's all very nice (for the most part). The greenery is coming back. I'm riding tomorrow in the morning if anyone wants to join. (7AM-ish, Brea side, NR>McDurmont>4C>Bovinian>SR>Deimer>Telegraph>back).

9. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

this is the best time of the year to ride Chino (unless it rains)

10. Dakit

Dakit Member

Sales Manager
    Rode Northridge a few times recently. Great condition. Do watch out for the washout near the bottom though.

11. freewheeler

freewheeler Looking for new trails

I've also heard Skully and Brush Cyn. are in great shape as well. Does anyone know about East Fenceline?

12. El Rolo

El Rolo its just ahead

Are they? I haven't tried in a month, but I had pretty much given up on those.. Anyone ridden raptor, four corners down to the ranger station? RR earlier showed bane in great shape.y

13. 0 mph

0 mph More waves than time~

Account Manager
    Home Page:
    I rode East Fenceline starting from McLean Overlook from trailhead to Slaughter Canyon Trail. This section is very narrow and off camber trail just like Bonivian Delight (South Ridge side). Before approaching Slaughter Canyon Trail crossing is abit overgrown brush covering tall as you. After Slaughter Canyon Trail is alot better go through some switchback then hike-a-bike few hidden short & steep climbs to an open area. From there you will bee riding along cattle ranch fence line. Then you will come to Pomona Trail crossing from this point mostly descending and overgrown near and after the water towers. Once again, the trail is off camber after water towers with overgrown short grass covered trail, very slippery, try not use much rear brake. Then after crossing a down tree and passing tree coverings. You will then starting to ascending switchbacks, rest of the section you will have to hike-a-bike stright up to the top of the ridge, you are then parallel to Bane Canyon Rd looking down on Ranger's Station Enterance. I think it would be alot harder entering and riding from Ranger's station side. From McLean to Ranger Station took me 1 hr 40 mins. Not recomending riding this trail alone. I took couple spills went off the cliff is quit steep for me to get back out. Ride Safe!

14. freewheeler

freewheeler Looking for new trails

thanks for the info. i used to ride E. fenceline from the soquel entrance to the ranger station...so essentially north to south. too bad it's in such poor shape. it seems like most of the singletracks were cleared recently including gilman's (a hiking trail). i guess CHSP didn't get around to clearing E. Fenceline.

15. D man

D man Ride til u smile

I've been wanting to check this place out for a while but don't know anything about it. Like how do you access this park from the Brea side, where to park, and possibly a map. any information would be appreciated. Thanx

16. fongster

fongster Active Member

Designer/Art Director
    Chino Hills SP Trail Conditions 12/31

Both FRs and STs are looking nice. Not dusty at all. Clean dry packed and tacky in the shade. Telegraph's 4 or 5 streams are flowing about 4-6, maybe 9 inches at the deepest. Lots of green growth all over. Great conditions--get out there.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.