any offroaders

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by aznpg, Oct 8, 2009.

1. aznpg

aznpg Banned

any offroaders over here i saw acouple of people with trucks for their profile picture. heres my truck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MustMoto

MustMoto New Member

Photog
    I ride/race off-road on a KX450. and I am one of the co-driver of this machine, tied for second in points class 1900 BITD.
    [​IMG]

my brother is almost finished with his pre-runner. pretty nuts, LS1 powered f150.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. aznpg

aznpg Banned

damn ls1 powered f150 thing is gonna be a beast leaf sprung rear or linked. plans for my truck is linked rear end but mountain biking took all the money hahahah

4. Tawcoma26

Tawcoma26 Re-Member

show offs.

hahaha j/k dudes. We should import all the ttora guys here with bikes and have a big bear trail and I guess trail run. haha

And BTW, Nice f150 you got there.

5. aznpg

aznpg Banned

yeah d33pt is also over here haha

6. Jeepdude

Jeepdude Member

Here are some pictures of me in redrock canyon NV, Sledgehammer in Johnson Valley, and Big Bear in my old Jeep.

Fun stuff.

Attached Files:

7. aznpg

aznpg Banned

looks nice jeepdude. i'm out in johnson velley all the time but i stay on the high speed desert area of johnson valley haha but i did ride shotgun with a guy that has a 4runner long traveled 4x4 thing was a beast on teh rocks and hauled ass in teh desert section

com on tawcoma26 post up pics of ur taco

8. aznpg

aznpg Banned

soo anybody going out to offroad expo this weekend in pomona

9. MustMoto

MustMoto New Member

Photog
    It's pretty nutty, the motor sits back in the cab 9 inches, so you're sitting right next to the motor. It's a 4 link with a coil over and a bypass. he has 28" up front and 32" in back.
    [​IMG]

He just needs to finish the brake lines, electrical and the exhaust. Paint is after the shake down.

10. 4xdave

4xdave #228

PLC Programmer
    Hence the screenname 4xdave here is my 92 Ford Bronco in Glamis.

Used to go every other weekend to California City, Dove Springs, Ocitillo, Glamis..... Did it for a good 10 years, just recently sold it to a friend. I miss having a 4x4. Pitted for a budy that had a SCORE/MORE truck and car.

Dreamed of fabing race trucks but it never panned out and now the market is gone IMHO. Now i must do the electrical engineering thing insted.

BG.jpg

11. aznpg

aznpg Banned

man ur brother has a nice truck man u guys on dr haha

yep plans for my truck is to be able to race the mdr night race next year

12. OC rider

OC rider i need a motor

filmmaker, cameraman
    i have way too much $$ tied up in toys. LOL

Attached Files:

13. Salter77

Salter77 OMGWAFJ...

HMFIC
    28"s in the front of an I-beam truck huh.... would love to see the pics of the suspension cycled. You can cycle beams until they touch but it doesn't mean the truck would work that way. With shocks and limit straps properly installed 20" MAX! is more then a safe number.

14. Salter77

Salter77 OMGWAFJ...

HMFIC
    I have been into offroad racing ohhh for the last 7 years both racing on my own and working for some top race teams. It's very addicting and nothing like it for sure. I should own a house and have a brand new car for the amount of money it has cost me, but I wouldn't trade off road racing for anything.

I just traded my F150 to a friend of mine for another project.... the truck was one of the fastest leaf sprung trucks around and I consisntantly beat alot of linked v8 trucks with it while I was racing. It was just dialed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new truck is a 94 Ranger 4.0/5speed with a 12" shortened wheelbase. 3.0 shocks all the way around 20" of flawless travel in the front and 28" in the rear. Truck is gonna be a street legal prerunner basically with an oh so perfect 119" wheelbase. It needs the fuel system plummed, brake lines, and I need to get crackin on the sheetmetal as it has no rear firewall or dash, but thats to be completed during the winter months. I am going to fab up some sort of bike rack on the rear of it too. No shuttle run will be too tough to get to.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. aznpg

aznpg Banned

from the words of dr dirty hooker travel hahahaha

soo anybody going to offroad expo this weekend i'm gonna meet up with acouple of people from ttora/dr/ct and i guess str since its all the same people on all the forums lmao

16. jruiz

jruiz Member

'72 Fj40

Attached Files:

17. Sailor Ripley

Sailor Ripley New Member

Mortgage Loan Originator
    Desertbilly golf rig

Well... other than a 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4 this is about it... it may not go fast, but it's definitiely slow.

Attached Files:

18. subiguy04

subiguy04 New Member

Creative Manager
    Home Page:
    Nice trucks!!!! That F150 is RAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing should be a hoot to drive with that engine.

Man, I used to be big into offroad/pre-runner trucks about 12 years ago. My buddies all had trucks, but I didn't which is probably why I lost interest.

One of them had an older ranger with ibeam frontend and Plank (RIP) did up his 4 linked rear before he died. It was a SICK truck for a kid in H.S. and he beat the crap out of that thing. Jumped it ALL the time.

Another buddy has been building toyota's since before high school. His are always street legal pre-runners, and his last one was really sick. Not sure if he still has it though... Mid-90's yota, extended front end, 4-linked rear, fuel cell, running 33's I think, it was really nice. He used to work for Donahoe Racing (till that ended) and now he works for Robbie Gordon's main race support crew, either on the dakar hummer or SCORE trophy trucks, which they're racing at the time. He's one lucky bastard and travels all over the world with Robbie and the team, pretty rad.

Back in college these two brothers built really a full race truck out of a 72 ford, or around there. They essentially cut the entire frame down, notched it and built the truck up from there. Virtually nothing left of the original truck. It was FULLY caged and they ended up putting a late model fiberglass f150 body on the thing. Basically a full blown race truck. It was ridiculous!!!! I saw them with it in Glamis once with paddles... insane!

I still don't have a truck, but I take our family's jeep out once in a while. Nothing like the one in previous posts, that one is NICE! :bang:

19. portlypeddler

portlypeddler Active Member

under a bridge
    Slow has it's place:)

How's your honeys wrist doing

Steve

20. KBL

KBL Powered by chocolate

I heard once that a rich fabricator is about as common as the Loch Ness Monster.

That said, race entries are pretty healthy even with the bad economy...MORE's Powder Puff has a huge entry list.

Don't let go of your dream! Do the electrical engineering as your day job (smart move, pays well, etc.) and fab your own stuff on the side.