Another Local Ride (some progress)

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Mr. Beanz, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

We haven't done GMR in a while so we've been slowly rebuilding a base before we go back up. Gina started out really stiff. I think it was due to the fact that we did not ride this weekend so she had no chance to spin up her legs after the Baldy Rd climb (which is steep/tough for her). So to get back on and head upward it would take her a while to get going. I was thinking we'd get to 24th street then she would probably call it quits seeing how she felt this day. She said, "Sorry but I suck today!". I told her that not everybody has 100% good days and just getting on the bike to ride is the effort that makes one better. Then the ole "if you can do it on your worst day, you can do it on your best day!".

I was really surprised that one we started the second loop, she rode up further than she had in the past couple of weeks (twice per week). The way she struggled at the start, this was a great thing! See, there is some progress there! She was pretty happy at the end of the ride!

We were moving slow but not any slower than the traffic on the fwy ha ha!

[​IMG]

This time she went up further on the second loop than before!

[​IMG]

I was practicing my drafting technique after reading the recent thread. She was in front, flicked her elbow, moved right so I did what every other rider does after sucking wheel. I sprinted around, dropped her then raised my arms in victory ha ha!

[​IMG]

Wow she is getting dark with all this riding in the sun. She was white when we met.

[​IMG]

Second time up, time for the lights! We use the heavy strobe on the descent. Really let's know cross traffic we are approaching. Really happy but 99% of the traffic has been really really courteous to us! Got one or two drivers that has to race from a stop to beat you but when you know it, it's easy to avoid incident.

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

Tuesday, ,another 12.5 miles and another 1,000 ft gain. Gina felt much better today but was happy to get off the bike ha ha!

Where is the weekend? I'm tired of these short rides! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a late dinner after each ride. Chicken on a skewer. Tues wrapped in bacon, Thurs, too lazy to go to the market for bacon ha ha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]