A Ride and Some Friends as well

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Mr. Beanz, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Member

Wow, today we did a 50 miler. We had no other ride partners today but then a friend showed up on a tandem with his wife. So we took turns pulling. Very strong head wind today. Friend is a very strong rider and very fast on the tandem. We did about 3/4 of the ride together. He ended up feeling bad during the ride. I guess he's had some problems with his heart rate. We stopped at a park with them to make sure he was OK. He had ran out of water so I went off to find a place to refill his bottles. Really thrashed our Strava average on a big segment but what can you do? Still had a 15.8 for the 50 miles even after lollygagging.

But Gina rode very strong. I almost felt as if we had raced today, she might have crushed me. Well OK not really but the times I sat up figuring I had to let her get back on my wheel, she was there ready to go. never fell off!

When we reached the coast I was tired, hard push against the stiff headwinds. Gina looked real good and was even joking around. Where she got the extra energy I dunno! I eat Clif bars and she eats Honey Stingers. I may have to switch!

She had enough energy to act silly at the rest stop. I was gasping for air!

Ron and Dixie

[​IMG]

Gina goofing off at the rest stop with Alex

[​IMG]

Marcello doing his 87 miler.

[​IMG]

Alex kicking butt on his 100 miler

[​IMG]

More Gina goofing off!

[​IMG]