'96 Worlds Vid - My how things have changed

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by dcrfx, Aug 17, 2013.

1. dcrfx

dcrfx Member

Mike King, Nico, Palmer.. I was just getting into DH Racing at the time. Fun to look back and see the skinsuits, narrow bars, V-Brakes, and even a Carbon LTS DH. Saw it on Vitalmtb Throwback Thursday, thought some others here may get a kick out of it.
    (longish video, King goes off around 4 min, Nico after him, Palmer near the end).
    I won't be a spoiler and tell you who won!

[video=youtube;9-pgdY7CTmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-pgdY7CTmI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

2. MnMDan

MnMDan Member

Still have (and ride) my 96 LTS-1 bought from Canyon Cycles when they were next to Whiting. Less travel than my XC bike, but still oh so fun!

3. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    Wish I didn't sell my LTS-1000, it was actually really quite good. Very plush suspension and climbs ok too.

4. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

I can't get over how tall and narrow those bars are. I'm glad they finally came around.

Yah, I had the Team LTS, LTS-1 and the LTS DS-1000. Awesome bikes for the time except for the LTS DS-1000 which had a proprietary Rock Shox shock that was a huge pile of sh!t that kept blowing up and falling apart and the swing link kept snapping.

5. Albacore

Albacore 34x18

Fireman
    We used to go to Snow Summit twice a week back then. I had a Santa Cruz Heckler and my friend had a GT STS 1000 "carbon" bike.:lol: We thought we were the sh!t with 4" of travel. I was a bad MoFo till Mike King passed me like I was standing still. Then, another friend of ours got a Santa Cruz Super 8 with a Hannebrink fork. Wow, what would he do with all that travel?

6. mytrustysteed

mytrustysteed Middle...the new granny

Thanks! I remember watching this. I love the line "Shaun Palmer unheard of 12 months ago."