2011 Tour de France/Tour Tracker (threads merged)

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by roach, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Cosmo64

Cosmo64 New Member

Aircraft Tech
    You are correct Joe..I cannot believe how much the fans seem to be in the face of the riders this year..just seemed to be more than usual...I wonder if the tour fined AC for the act? AC just in general did not seem to care for any of the fans on the mtn stages..and that moron got him to respond...

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I've been watching the Tour for 12 years now and I feel this was my second favorite. It's kind of hard to beat Lances first. Lance used stradegy which didn't always make the most exciting racing but it was still very entertaining to me. Vlad captured the tour exactly how I'd seen it too. Tommy V should of got a yellow jersey at the end for the race he raced. The guy was truly incredible. Not sure if I'd pick him to win it next year but I'm sure he'll have the full support of his team. Eurocar was the biggest surprise to everyone this year and Tommy V is a class act. Leaves me wondering why more French can't be like this. But a drug free tour was really my first wish and there were only a few idiots that would of never been in contention who screwed up but they were caught quickly which says volumes to the enforcement of a drug free tour ( not like years past). We might even be able to grab a few more big name sponsers which would only further the sport of bicycle road racing.

Viva Le Tour!!!

I take my hat off to Contador who although he knew he'd have nothing to gain went out and gave the fans what they came for...A race! Last year after it became obvious Lance would not be on the podium he just sat up and tried no longer. I thought that sucked as we his fans deserve more then that. I also believe Levi should of tried for a stage win or two in the mountains as we all know he is capable. Doesn't say much for American racers and I hope they don't continue this format of, if I'm not going to be on the podium, I'm not racing. Still overall a very satisfying tour.

3. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

What a great Tour.

Cadel and the Schlecks had such class and seemingly truly deserved the win, as did Cavendish, Rolland (White jersey) and Sanchez.

There were other noteworthy performances--Voeckler, Thor, Danielson, Garmin, and...Contador--he did not go out quietly, which I loved. Good for him--he went down swinging; I think better of him for it.

I believe they raced clean, but I have beleived that before and we don't really know nor will we likely ever know.

Vive Le Tour!

4. Silver

Silver New Member

Don't know why they'd start now...

Was a great tour though.

5. roach

roach Full Singletrack Tuck

Environmental Planner
    Lab-guy got off easy, he's lucky Pistolero didn't jump off his bike and really throw down!
    Regardless, this is a great picture.

Attached Files:

6. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Wow, that is a great photo. I didn't realize he also managed to cold-cock the ass-jack. Great multi-tasking with Chuck Norris like athletic ability of Alberto. lol!

7. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

I'd like Contadork come to the ATOC - I'd dress like Clara Peller
    [​IMG]

8. dirtmistress

dirtmistress AKA Roadiemistress

retired
    This happened at the Tour of California. I don't remember what year.
    I guess Alberto and Lance have more in common than Lance would ever want to admit.
    People rail on what a shit Alberto is but seem to forget he was hired by Johan to win the Tour back then.
    Lance decides he wants to make an (ill advised) come-back and suddenly Alberto is expected to work for him. AC got screwed by Lance and Johan, he deserved that Tour win and I suspect, and he has said, it was one of the hardest.

la13.jpg

la2.jpg

Check out Andy Schleck laughing in the back.
    la3.jpg

la4.jpg

9. ericfoltz

ericfoltz Active Member

Photographer
    Home Page: