Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DHS Stocked Up On Ammo (21.6 mil. Rounds) - Interesting?

From
    O.C.
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 367

Default DHS Stocked Up On Ammo (21.6 mil. Rounds) - Interesting?

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchase...of-ammunition/

Plus 7000 full auto rifles.

What is going down?
    These pretzels are making me thirsty!

From
    Sacramento
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 8,838

Infowars?

Hahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wrong forum, kiddo.

Go have a beer and worry about more important things
    Son of Steppie.

Don't give up on beer. Beer will never give up on you!

3. post thanked by:

AKAlan (02-08-2013), Formu1fan (02-07-2013), thebeast64 (02-08-2013), uzziboy (02-08-2013)

From
    O.C.
    Thanks

Oh come on it's The Pub!
    We are all gonna die! LOL

From
    Corona
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 3,071

Originally Posted by blindman_22 :
    "i'll have to double check when i get home. i'm 99% sure i have more than 5" exposed."

6. post thanked by:

AKAlan (02-08-2013)

From
    O.C.
    Thanks

The ammo purchase is real by the way.
    https://marketplace.fedbid.com/fbweb...qQbJAAyVXBA0Or

From
    I.E.
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 1,143

I'd like to hear what crazy interpretations people come up with.

Having been in the military and actually seeing some combat, I know one thing really well. TRAINING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE EQUIPMENT. Give a bunch of doughnut scarfing fat asses a Glock, and they wouldn't be able to pull their gun out before something bad went down, let alone know how to take cover and stay composed or even shoot straight, without harming innocent civilians (without training). I honestly don't trust anyone with a gun who hasn't gone through some quality training (and regular training)...

Seeing a woman with a gun is scarier than seeing a Taliban with a gun. At least you can predict what the Taliban guy is gonna do and you know how to prepare and react (with training). Yea, I'd be praying while behind cover, if I were around a woman with a gun.

Oops, sorry! I forgot to say untrained woman
    !

9. post thanked by:

danmtchl (02-10-2013), ManInAShed (02-08-2013)

From
    Laguna Beach
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 26,645

This it not the first purchase that large. DHS has many agencies under it's umbrella. It is only ironic it the context of the government wanting to put ammos and gun controls on the civilians.
    If I'm not lost or getting bushwhacked, the trail was too easy.

Prescott Valley Houses
    The Path

11. post thanked by:

92se-r (02-08-2013), Banshee350 (02-09-2013), DM Rides (02-08-2013), proraptor (02-08-2013), TooTech (02-08-2013), zioncoming79 (02-08-2013)

From
    North Hollywood
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 409

After clicking on the link, I first thought the banner on top read "Because there is a war on in your mind"

But seriously, as much as this sounds like conspiracy theory tin foil hat type of rhetoric, I still recognize the importance of groups and alternative media keeping on eye on stuff like this. Unfortunately, this article then starts about halfway down with-
    "Such massive quantities of ammo purchases have stoked fears that the agency is preparing for some kind of domestic unrest."
    and continues with these types of unsupported statements to link an ammo purchase to a theoretical war the DHS has against political conservatives. The slide from journalism to speculation discredits the reporting and probably does more harm than good in the big picture.

From
    La Habra
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 3,438

Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Having been in the military... I honestly don't trust anyone with a gun who hasn't gone through some quality training (and regular training)...

Considering the millions of people who have been in the military, and that half are below the mean in intelligence, wisdom, or psychological stability, merely having served in the military hardly qualifies one to be an authority on any particular subject.

Let's talk about guys with extensive military and police training:

Christopher Dorner: Combat veteran and former police officer. How many more people will he murder before he is apprehended?

Eddie Ray Routh: Combat marine who served in Iraq and Haiti. Last week he murdered Chris Kyle, our nation's deadliest sniper.

Torrance Police: Yesterday they thought they spotted Christopher Dorner in a pickup, so they opened fire. But their targets were just regular citizens.

I contend that it is the average citizen, when he takes responsibility for his own well being and safety rather than relegating it to "trained experts," is our country's best assurance for continued well-being and freedom.

14. post thanked by:

2wheel_lee (02-09-2013), Banshee350 (02-09-2013), commplex (02-08-2013), danmtchl (02-10-2013), melster (02-08-2013), mtnbikerfred (02-10-2013)

From
    I.E.
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 1,143

^ I think that qualifies as a crazy interpretation that people come up with.

Clear to say that you're running some rather elementary logic on very limited context to come to such a perspective.

If someone pulled out a gun and started murdering people in an open and enclosed area (ex. airport), targeting using his instincts, do you think *you*, as an average citizen, would be of any help in that situation, if you were there carrying a concealed weapon? Would you even be carrying one? It's not a scenario where you can expect trouble. Security is planned to be able to handle small scale incidents, but what if this guy studied their patterns and was able to halve their strength in a matter of seconds upon pulling out his weapon. Let the trained experts handle it? What exactly would your actions be? Immediately try to pull out your gun, crouching slightly like an idiot in the open, while others flee? What if many CCW pulled out their guns and some happened to point it at each other, instead of the original murderer, even for a moment?

I hope your answer is somewhat related to getting training on how to calmly react to such a situation. All nice to do visual training, but think of how good that does you in MTBing. Getting the physical mechanics drilled into you is far better, not to be a marksman with a weapon, but to address the situation in strategic manner. Not gonna comment about how pretentious you make yourself sound by insulting millions, while I was simply stating I have 1st hand experience to back up my statement. Arms are even more strictly controlled in the police/military than in the real world, where you can buy a gun simply if you have money in the "not-so-black market" (no ID, no background check, etc). Psychological stability is another story--that deals with interpreting the massive amounts of info out there, where it's extremely difficult to tell what's true from false or in-between. Safest way to reduce those problems is to simply keep info hidden, so so-called non-idiots aren't misinterpreting things and ward the idiots, who can't interpret it themselves, from being motivated to follow such beliefs if they are afraid that it's true or want it to be true, as if knowing the truth is truly valuable.

Sorry for bringing up philosophy, but a reality check is good once in a while. So, what do you think is the meaning of life again?

IMO, leave things you don't understand to trained professionals. Just cause someone's got a nice gun and can aim (while still) and can win paintball/air soft battles (or video games), doesn't mean you're wise enough to use it properly out in the real world (totally different when people can shoot back at you). Just cause someone has a nice bike, can do 20 ft jumps, destroy berms, do manuals/whips/stoppies/etc, and wins sport class XC races, doesn't mean they can race pro DH and do well (race run pressure goes up, confidence goes down next too all the big names). With proper training though...

From
    The OC
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 1,425

This is what the rain does to us. It gets us off our bikes and we go start crazy threads about womens helmets and amo. We need to ride again

17. post thanked by:

AKAlan (02-08-2013), DM Rides (02-08-2013)

From
    Moreno Valley
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 8,418

Here is your answer

DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
    Bryguy17 "they're legit if you've got an accomadating hole in your frame"

Thanks
    Thanks earned: 234

Quote Originally Posted by mfoga View Post
    Here is your answer

DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
    1.62 billion rounds is alot of ammo for training.

They push the gun laws they are talking about here in CA, they may be putting that ammo to use soon.

From
    Anaheim Hills
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 19

Thursday morning Turners in Orange had a line 45 deep all waiting for ammo. Most were purchasing .22 long, 9 mm, .40 and .223. By the time I entered the store they were sold out of 9, 40, and 223. This morning, Wally World had 5 boxes of Remington .40 S&W (100 rd). They just got the brick in and I cleared the shelf.

Happy shooting fellas!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

It's better to be a lion for a day, then a sheep all your life. - Kenny Elizabeth

From
    Hudson Bay / Windansea
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 3,125

Quote Originally Posted by geek View Post
    They push the gun laws they are talking about here in CA, they may be putting that ammo to use soon.
    Oh for heavens sake...

1. Of all possible branches, the Dept. Homeland Security isn't going to lead the charge into civil war.
    2. If you think that's a lot, you have no idea what massive stockpiles of every (EVERY) kind of weapon our military is comfortably sitting on. What do you think your taxes have been buying all these years?
    3. This paranoid delusional blood fantasy that keeps coming up, of "defending the US" from tyranny by violently overthrowing the democratically elected president because some of you don't like him, it's cute. When it's civil war time, 1776 can commence again, but only one side is still stuck in 1776 with their rifles, and it isn't the side of the most gigantic and effective war machine the worlds ever seen. When all bets are off, all the small arms and ammo in the country aren't going to help you. You'll need mines and tanks and choppers and jets and bombers and biochem weapons and tactical nukes and your own defenses for all of that, plus, one hell of a lot of expertise at putting it all to use, none of which you have. You know who does have that? The well-regulated militia. No one's "saving the day" with their glock. It's a toy, and one that's just dangerous enough to get yourself killed over.

All the pursuit of more and deadlier small arms is doing is escalating the arms race between civilians and everyone from your local burglars to your local police departments right on up through the CIA. Meanwhile, wonder why cops shoot first & ask questions later, your search & seizure rights are history, the gov is building half a dozen new facilities to monitor and filter ALL electronic communications on every network, plans to keep tabs on the most vocal and radical of you, and is carefully reserving the right to kill you without due process if you're deemed an enemy combatant with hostile intent. Total mystery, right?

I mean all you're doing is talking about is arming yourselves like pseudo-soldiers and violently taking over the government.

All in the name of tyranny. I mean protecting us against tyranny.

22. post thanked by:

AKAlan (02-09-2013), Formu1fan (02-08-2013), mfoga (02-09-2013), monstertiki (02-08-2013), mtnbikerfred (02-10-2013), speckledtrout (02-08-2013), Varaxis (02-09-2013)

From
    O.C.
    Thanks

^^I thought the US government was not permitted to turn troops against its own people. The only thing I can think of that came close was when the nat'l guard was deployed against the protesting vets that came back from Nam.

From
    La Verne
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 1,476

These gun threads get silly in a hurry . . .

25. post thanked by:

SPONKOY (02-10-2013)

From
    La Habra
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 3,438

Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    IMO, leave things you don't understand to trained professionals.
    My mistake. After reading your user profile, I see that you used to do something really important, and you think you were really exceptional at it. But for some reason you weren't quite good enough, so you no longer do it. What exactly was it you used to do before going back to being a student? And what is it that you want to do when you grow up?

As you might have inferred, I'm not at all impressed by whatever "quality training" you think you've received. You rambo wannbe types would really crack me up, if you weren't so willing to trample the freedoms of your fellow citizens.

From
    Corona
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 3,071

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Sheets View Post
    Thursday morning Turners in Orange had a line 45 deep all waiting for ammo. Most were purchasing .22 long, 9 mm, .40 and .223. By the time I entered the store they were sold out of 9, 40, and 223. This morning, Wally World had 5 boxes of Remington .40 S&W (100 rd). They just got the brick in and I cleared the shelf.

Happy shooting fellas!
    This is one reason I like arrows better than bullets. For target shooting they are reusable and can be built up any way you want.
    Originally Posted by blindman_22 :
    "i'll have to double check when i get home. i'm 99% sure i have more than 5" exposed."

28. post thanked by:

danmtchl (02-10-2013), proraptor (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks earned: 234

Quote Originally Posted by ManInAShed View Post
    Oh for heavens sake...

1. Of all possible branches, the Dept. Homeland Security isn't going to lead the charge into civil war.
    2. If you think that's a lot, you have no idea what massive stockpiles of every (EVERY) kind of weapon our military is comfortably sitting on. What do you think your taxes have been buying all these years?
    3. This paranoid delusional blood fantasy that keeps coming up, of "defending the US" from tyranny by violently overthrowing the democratically elected president because some of you don't like him, it's cute. When it's civil war time, 1776 can commence again, but only one side is still stuck in 1776 with their rifles, and it isn't the side of the most gigantic and effective war machine the worlds ever seen. When all bets are off, all the small arms and ammo in the country aren't going to help you. You'll need mines and tanks and choppers and jets and bombers and biochem weapons and tactical nukes and your own defenses for all of that, plus, one hell of a lot of expertise at putting it all to use, none of which you have. You know who does have that? The well-regulated militia. No one's "saving the day" with their glock. It's a toy, and one that's just dangerous enough to get yourself killed over.

All the pursuit of more and deadlier small arms is doing is escalating the arms race between civilians and everyone from your local burglars to your local police departments right on up through the CIA. Meanwhile, wonder why cops shoot first & ask questions later, your search & seizure rights are history, the gov is building half a dozen new facilities to monitor and filter ALL electronic communications on every network, plans to keep tabs on the most vocal and radical of you, and is carefully reserving the right to kill you without due process if you're deemed an enemy combatant with hostile intent. Total mystery, right?

I mean all you're doing is talking about is arming yourselves like pseudo-soldiers and violently taking over the government.

All in the name of tyranny. I mean protecting us against tyranny.
    1. Never said they were.
    2. I do have an idea.
    3. never said I was hoping to overthrow the government, I have no desire to, nor support those who may try to. I don't own assault rifles, don't really have much to do with guns actually. I just meant to imply this seems to be escalating quickly. There is a fairly large portion of the population that will not give up their guns. CA politicians this week were talking about taking a good portion of them away, not grandfathering in the new laws they are proposing. While I think their proposals would be taken to court, and they would lose, if they are successful, things may get ugly. No one (ok, maybe a few) is stupid enough to think they can take on the US military single handed. But neither is the US military going to carpet bomb or nuke Los Angeles or another major city. Look at the chaos one rogue ex cop is causing. Multiply that be a few hundred or a few thousand. Its not like they are going to line up and face them like redcoats.

Curious, is there a precedent for buying this much ammo? Seems we are turning more and more into a police state. Its not something I lose sleep over, but it is a growing concern. How does that get reversed?

30.    Sponsored Links