From
    Lake Forest
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 1,364

Default 100 Miles of Nowhere - June 4th, 2011

RSVP here - http://www.socaltrailriders.org/foru...8&day=2011-6-4

100 Miles of Nowhere

8 am to ?? pm 6-4-2011

Those of you who know me, know I occassionally like to do stupid things. I get these grandiose ideas about
    something that sounds cool or dorky or whatever and decide to do it.

So, this June 4th I am going to do the 100 Miles of Nowhere. What is this you ask? Well, the blogger Fat Cyclist invented this moronic event about riding a bike 100 miles and going nowhere.
    For more information see this and follow as many links as you want.
    Start Planning for the 100 Miles of Nowhere
    http://www.fatcyclist.com/2011/03/24...es-of-nowhere/

The division that I will be in and winning is "Men's 40-49 Riding a Cyclocross Bike in Lake Forest". So, noone else better show up in that age group riding a CX bike!

This "event" happens on June 4th and I've decided to do this at my condo complex. One lap around my complex is 0.29 miles as measured by my GPS - so I need to do 344.8 laps to equal 100 miles. If I make it that far; I don't plan on
    doing the extra 0.2 laps. As I will be riding around my complex, I will be going very slowly; dodging cars and kids and all the attendant neighborhood activity. I'm guessing this will take me somewhere between 10 and 14 hours.

Anybody and everybody is welcome to come on over and ride a bit, cheer, heckle - whatever.

This is a fundraiser for Livestrong and that's where some of my rego $ went to. I'm not really planning on doing anything more than that for fundraising - maybe leave a tip jar out. If you feel like throwing some $$'s Livestrong's way that's cool, too.

I'm mostly doing it to be stupid. And, this will be my first century if I make the whole thing. With only 2 or 3 feet of climbing per lap, it's gotta be about the least climbing ever.

The basic plan is that at about 8 am or so I will throw open the garage door and hop on my bike and start riding. I'll be riding and riding and riding. I'll have a TV on in the garage showing cycling movies and sports all day long. The BBQ will be there as well as a fridge and some coolers for beerverages and a bunch of chairs. I'll even have a few cheap mountain bikes there to ride if you want. I might even get a small keg.

Bring something to munch or drink - or mooch from someone else. I'll have some dogs and burgers and maybe some pork chops.

I know there are plenty of events going on that day - but I'll be there all day if you want to come by.

I live in Lake Forest, near Trabuco and Lake Forest. Send me a message if you want to know where to come by. Our complex is pretty tight on parking, especially on weekends. You can come by and drop your stuff off, but you might have to go park on a street a few minutes walk away.

2. post thanked by:

ajsura (05-23-2011), allenpg (06-26-2011), CalEpic (05-23-2011), dirtmistress (06-24-2011), dirtvert (05-23-2011), Hotchkiss (05-23-2011), krunner44 (05-23-2011)

From
    Lake Forest
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 1,711

Nice! Going nowhere, indeed. I love it. Wish we could stop by (looks like we're neighbors-we're off Lake Forest and Trabuco too), but we'll be out in Temecula that day. Good luck tho!!

From
    Riverside
    Thanks
    Thanks earned: 22,398
    ~Weekends are like recess for adults so play hard until the bell rings

5.    Sponsored Links

6. post thanked by:

dirtmistress (06-24-2011)