Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: X-Fusion 02-PV shock rebound is too slow

  1. #1
    Stop stealing my thunder! Pato's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    From
    Downey, CA
    Thanks
    4,528
    Thanks earned: 2,196

    Default X-Fusion 02-PV shock rebound is too slow

    Anyone with experience servicing this shock? Will a simple rebuild fix the issue? This shock does not seem to have any knobs for adjustment.

    Is it even worth rebuilding or should money be better spent on getting a new shock?
    "To take yourself too seriously is foolish. To take what I say seriously is just plain stupid!" - Wise Vietnamese man

  2. #2
    Banned
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    From
    Irvine
    Thanks
    11,345
    Thanks earned: 5,321

    Default

    Sounds like the oil is dirty, is there any support on the site or a local service center?

  3. post thanked by:

    Pato (07-15-2009)

  4. #3
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Thanks
    2,977
    Thanks earned: 3,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    Anyone with experience servicing this shock? Will a simple rebuild fix the issue? This shock does not seem to have any knobs for adjustment.

    Is it even worth rebuilding or should money be better spent on getting a new shock?
    The shock is entry-level, there is nothing you can do with it except sell it on ebay for $5.00 or use it as a spare for on a BOB bike trailer.

    Fox has shocks w/ adjustments everywhere.

    PS--is this the real Pato? This is such an entry level question for such a veteran of the bike. Hmmmmm...sounds like a trap.

  5. post thanked by:

    Pato (07-15-2009)

  6. #4
    Stop stealing my thunder! Pato's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    From
    Downey, CA
    Thanks
    4,528
    Thanks earned: 2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DISCO View Post
    Sounds like the oil is dirty, is there any support on the site or a local service center?
    Went to there site and they didn't have anything useful. Didn't check for local service centers as I was thinking about doing this myself before paying to get it done. Yea I know. I'm a cheap bastard.

    I was guessing all it needed was to be rebuilt, but wasn't sure.

    Anyone have any idea what the weight of the fluid is and/or volume?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    PS--is this the real Pato? This is such an entry level question for such a veteran of the bike. Hmmmmm...sounds like a trap.


    Unfortunately, yes it is. While I do know a little more than some, I don't claim to know it all or even close to half of what I should.

    Yes, it does appear to be an entry level shock, but I'm not familiar with X-Fusion's lineup. It's actually not mine, but am looking into the problem for another STR member.

    I just see it as an opportunity to learn more about what's out there.
    "To take yourself too seriously is foolish. To take what I say seriously is just plain stupid!" - Wise Vietnamese man

  7. #5
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Thanks
    2,977
    Thanks earned: 3,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    Went to there site and they didn't have anything useful. Didn't check for local service centers as I was thinking about doing this myself before paying to get it done. Yea I know. I'm a cheap bastard.

    I was guessing all it needed was to be rebuilt, but wasn't sure.

    Anyone have any idea what the weight of the fluid is and/or volume?





    Unfortunately, yes it is. While I do know a little more than some, I don't claim to know it all or even close to half of what I should.

    Yes, it does appear to be an entry level shock, but I'm not familiar with X-Fusion's lineup. It's actually not mine, but am looking into the problem for another STR member.

    I just see it as an opportunity to learn more about what's out there.
    well for starters you can't rebuild them yourself, it has high pressure gas in them, there should be a label saying not to unscrew the housing unless you like having your fingers blown off, LOL. I knew this wasn't your shock Pato.
    Again, I advise your buddy to get a Fox and forget about it.

  8.    Sponsored Links

  9. post thanked by:

    Pato (07-15-2009)

Similar Threads

  1. Shock plush-ness, Air Pressure, Whats the big deal?
    By afgenkuong in forum The Workshop
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 10:56 AM
  2. DIY shock - who's first
    By SSinGA in forum The Workshop
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 07:58 AM
  3. Suspension Set-up Basics for the Beginner
    By wannagobig in forum The Workshop
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 08:02 AM
  4. Anyone have a new FOX RP-23 shock? Or know about them?
    By OCRaider in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 11:56 AM
  5. '05 Weyless 67 (med) frame w/Manitou Swinger 6-way shock F/S
    By TURNERob in forum The Market Place
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 04:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •