Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Beater Blockers

  1. #1
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default Beater Blockers

    After all that talk about Beater Blockers, I tracked some down on Ebay.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Pr2_PcY_BIN_IT

    I ordered a set. Hope they work....

  2. #2
    Senior Member EndoMaster's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    From
    Los Angeles
    Thanks
    25
    Thanks earned: 55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ECOdork
    After all that talk about Beater Blockers, I tracked some down on Ebay.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Pr2_PcY_BIN_IT

    I ordered a set. Hope they work....
    Great, those look like what I need.

  3. #3
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default

    I'm hoping so too. My shoes have become "gouged out" by my beaters (so they are not very tight while engaged) and I have thought to myself that all you would need is a thin piece of metal to prevent that...that's what these are.

    Quote Originally Posted by EndoMaster
    Great, those look like what I need.

  4. #4
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default

    Update 1:

    The beater blockers came in the mail yesterday. That was QUICK! as I ordered them Sat! Haven't tried them as my shoes are still in UPS truck....

    Appear simple, straight-forward, and-well machined. Will update when I get everything slapped together.

  5. #5
    Senior Member EndoMaster's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    From
    Los Angeles
    Thanks
    25
    Thanks earned: 55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ECOdork
    Update 1:

    The beater blockers came in the mail yesterday. That was QUICK! as I ordered them Sat! Haven't tried them as my shoes are still in UPS truck....

    Appear simple, straight-forward, and-well machined. Will update when I get everything slapped together.
    I hope mine arrive soon, I ordered mine the same day as well. I'm in the market for new shoes so I won't be able to try them out right away. I look forward to your update.

  6. #6
    Member
    Joined
    Oct 2005
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks earned: 0

    Default

    I have a set of Mallets. Do these wear shoes aswell. I've not had them for that long, so I don't know... If so, I'll get these boys.

  7. #7
    Senior Member EndoMaster's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    From
    Los Angeles
    Thanks
    25
    Thanks earned: 55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski79
    I have a set of Mallets. Do these wear shoes aswell. I've not had them for that long, so I don't know... If so, I'll get these boys.
    I have a set of mallets as well and I don't think they have contributed as much to the wear on my shoes as the eggbeaters did. Part of that I believe is due to the additional support of the platform versus the completely exposed mechanism of the eggbeater.

    At least that is what I believe.

  8. #8
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default

    I was under the same impression EndoMaster. Rode with the mallets for over a year without noticing any probs.

    Quote Originally Posted by EndoMaster
    I have a set of mallets as well and I don't think they have contributed as much to the wear on my shoes as the eggbeaters did. Part of that I believe is due to the additional support of the platform versus the completely exposed mechanism of the eggbeater.

    At least that is what I believe.

  9. #9
    good times LBmtb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    From
    Long Beach
    Thanks
    2,748
    Thanks earned: 6,655

    Default

    Make sure to keep on the regular updates, Lance. I just bought new shoes and my old ones are pretty tore up around the cleats. Might look into some of these beater blockers.

  10. #10
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default

    Shoot gonz, if you just got new shoes I wouldn't hesitate to order a pair!

    Cheap insurance for expensive shoes.


    Quote Originally Posted by LBmtb
    Make sure to keep on the regular updates, Lance. I just bought new shoes and my old ones are pretty tore up around the cleats. Might look into some of these beater blockers.

  11. #11
    Member
    Joined
    Oct 2005
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks earned: 0

    Default

    Good news as I'm gonna get some Shimano carbon shoes soon & want to keep them for a while...

  12. #12
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default

    So far so good. I slapped those puppies on some new shoes. Only able to spin around the hood, but nice and secure.

    To be honest I bet they would even work well to revitalize an old pair of shoes.

    I'll update when I get a full ride in.

  13. #13
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default

    Well as far as I'm concerned these things work great!

    Essentially all they do is replace the cheesy plastic spacers--mine were toast when I removed them--that came with your CrankBro pedals with well-crafted metal ones; simple yet functional!

    CrankBro really should include a set of these with their pedals or offer them as an accessory.

    updated link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Crank-Brothers-E...QQcmdZViewItem

  14. #14
    good times LBmtb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    From
    Long Beach
    Thanks
    2,748
    Thanks earned: 6,655

    Default

    Thanks for the updated link, Lance. I was having issues trying to find a good auction that was still selling. Ordered mine btw.

  15. #15
    FLOW Von-Skipp's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    From
    San Juan Capistrano
    Thanks
    680
    Thanks earned: 826

    Default

    Do they feel the same when clipping in and out?

  16. #16
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default

    They feel like they did when they were new but worn-in...if that makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Von-Skipp
    Do they feel the same when clipping in and out?

  17. #17
    STR Veteran royta's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    From
    Mountain Green, UT
    Thanks
    2
    Thanks earned: 60

    Default

    I think I deserve a great big pat on the back for letting you eggbeater users know about these. I also wanted to let you know that 959's don't require the use of 3rd party add-on accessories.

    Seriously, I'd buy a set of eggbeaters if somebody would loan me a set for a few rides to try out first. Isn't the weight savings between the eggbeater and 959 rather significant?

  18. #18
    Cracking frames since '88 SScheetz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    From
    Upland
    Thanks
    62
    Thanks earned: 246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ECOdork
    They feel like they did when they were new but worn-in...if that makes sense.
    Thanks for the update. I'm gunna get some. I have old shoes with huge trenches in them from years of egg beating. They still work ok with the beaters but rattle like mad on the small bumps.

  19. #19
    Member
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    From
    Huntington Beach
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks earned: 0

    Default

    I bought some today as well. I'm hoping they will bring back some resistance to unclipping when pivoting my foot sideways. It may be the cleats themselves, so we'll see.

  20. #20
    Pope of Chili Town ECOdork's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    From
    your imagination
    Thanks
    50
    Thanks earned: 137

    Default

    Hopefully these help both you guys! Though if your old cleats are trashed, I'd imagine that new cleats would provide additional resistance. I got new ones within the year (incorrectly thinking they were the source of my loose-ness problem) so I waited...but the next set is going to be 'dem fancy brass cleats. Suppose to last longer.



    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I bought some today as well. I'm hoping they will bring back some resistance to unclipping when pivoting my foot sideways. It may be the cleats themselves, so we'll see.

  21.    Sponsored Links

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •